Home

Teams to build in fantasy draft

This is a discussion on Teams to build in fantasy draft within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 12:27 AM   #1
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

OVR: 0
Teams to build in fantasy draft

Whether or not it's fixed or on serpentine. I thought it'd be cool if we had a thread about different ways of building teams through the fantasy draft. I've got an example.

If you're doing a fixed draft with the first pick, you can draft a win now team by selecting Chris Paul in the first round and Tim Duncan in the second round. You've got two different generations of Wake Forest stars and can build a pick and roll offense around them. I generally go with like a Tyson Chandler in the third round bc he fits well around those two and go after a 2/3 that can shoot the three and play defense. This team's core isn't young by any, but the pieces fit together really well and it's fun to build around those guys.

Any other ideas? Building teams around stars, building teams around current teams like the Spurs (vet big guy, star point guard, 3 and D guys, Euro 6th man off the bench, guys that can move the ball around well, etc.,) I'd like to know how some people build there teams as well.

A lot of the time I like to choose a team and stick with their style, but draft different players. I just did a fantasy draft with the Grizzlies and think I got a great defensive minded team that can rebound the ball, but has some solid shooters that can score the ball. A couple of players/former players are on the list.

Point Guard:
Michael Carter-Williams
Patrick Beverley

Shooting Guard:
Tony Allen
Mike Miller
Zoran Dragic

Small Forward:
Nicolas Batum
Chris Copeland

Power Forward:
Julius Randle
Elton Brand
Mitch McGary

Center:
Al Jefferson
Chris Anderson

I built the team around Al Jefferson and Julius Randle. Big Al's a solid defender in the post and can score as a #1 option and rebound the ball. Randle's got Zach Randolph's role to score in the paint and rebound. Batum was a good fit bc he plays defense and can score the ball. Allen lacks the ability to score or distribute, but he's a defensive stopper. MCW I brought in to do a little bit of everything.

Thought the bench fit in well with the starters. Dragic and McGary both play defense, are tough, and are good end of the bench guys. Pat Beverley's another defensive stopper, and Mike Miller's the guy that can distribute and get buckets. Copeland's another good scorer, and backup bigs are gonna have a hard time scoring the ball with Elton Brand and Birdman in the game.

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.

Last edited by Riggins; 10-14-2014 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Added more stuff
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »