Home

Why is [MyCAREER player] such a douche?

This is a discussion on Why is [MyCAREER player] such a douche? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Why is [MyCAREER player] such a douche?

I just wish one of the voices is white. No disrespect to anyone black, but my character looks European as I am. So when he starts talking like he's from the ghetto, it doesn't fit. James Harden sounds more well spoken than I. Beibg born and raised in Brooklyn, I'm no stranger to sounding urban. But I've always tried to mix it where I sound clear and concise but not a total tool. Kevin Love, he'll, even Farrell(which you meet in game and I've heard in real life) sound more put together.

There should be a voice option for sounding urban and one for sounding like someone not trying to earn street cred with the most ebonics used in one sentence.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #10
Rookie

x217xHibbsx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
I just wish one of the voices is white. No disrespect to anyone black, but my character looks European as I am. So when he starts talking like he's from the ghetto, it doesn't fit. James Harden sounds more well spoken than I. Beibg born and raised in Brooklyn, I'm no stranger to sounding urban. But I've always tried to mix it where I sound clear and concise but not a total tool. Kevin Love, he'll, even Farrell(which you meet in game and I've heard in real life) sound more put together.

There should be a voice option for sounding urban and one for sounding like someone not trying to earn street cred with the most ebonics used in one sentence.

Not to derail the thread, but I agree. I grew up in inner city Chicago, and I'm white. I catch myself using some hood slang sometimes (Triffiling, bustdown, etc) but I'm educated. I have a large vocabulary, and I'd rather speak like I'm educated so people don't assume I'm just a thug from the hood.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:14 AM   #11
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It did seem that way in the first year, but in the second year, it's not like that unless you choose the cocky responses.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 12:46 AM   #12
Rookie

Sliceslice's Arena

The original voice actor is white which surprised me.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:55 AM   #13
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid

Ironically, the voice that's been used for years is a white guy. He's the same voice actor that plays Mark in The Walking Dead. He just has a lot of vocal fry to his voice that lets him sound black.

But I do think it's a odd that they don't have a white voice actor. Just for sake of variance.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:00 AM   #14
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliceslice
The original voice actor is white which surprised me.
As someone who loves voiceover work, I'd love to know the names of both actors--and the agent, who wound up with a better actor than BOTH, in my opinion.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:27 AM   #15
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

It feels like they model the player actor after AI. Which is fine if you like AI's style and approach to the game.

I would like a Tim Duncan or David Robinson modeled player actor. My personal preference is to approach the game in this manner and to model my behavior like theirs.

I got the "friendly" badge and the "legendary work ethic" badge, yet every time on the court the coach has to say: "wake up, your going in" to get me to check in for subs.

It makes me want to gut-punch my guy with the way he acts and reacts at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 03:51 AM   #16
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

because: You don't get subbed when ur playing 32 minutes/game - this is in myC with SS/SIM, 10 mins qtr. Either being blownout or having a big lead late in the 4th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »