Home

MyGM Mode - Need help choosing who to be

This is a discussion on MyGM Mode - Need help choosing who to be within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
Rookie

nbacoventry's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey all,

This is the first NBA 2k or basketball game I've played since NBA 2K12. After that not really followed NBA seasons since the games on tv got moved to a channel which I don't have and also began taking bigger interest in the NFL and MLB (hard to keep everything living in the UK!)

In past games I've been Philadelphia because that's the team I've always followed. For this year's MyGM mode I want to be a team that requires rebuilding. Having looking at the 76ers record last year, I might be them again.

Would like to know what other teams in the league are in need of rebuilding. So I can have a choice.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyGM Mode - Need help choosing who to be

Celtics and honestly don't choose Philly that is probably the easiest to rebuild because they have a ton of cap space and a young and talented roster. If you are looking for the easy route go there or Minnesota. The Celtics will be harder because you have some bad contracts (Gerald Wallace, Avery Bradley) and Rondo is up at the end of the year. And don't have that many good young players, don't have confidence in Olynyk and Smart.

But a list of teams you could choose:
Celtics
Timberwolves
Bucks
Magic
Lakers
Hawks (maybe)
Kings (maybe)
Old 10-14-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

I will have to agree, the Celtics. It will most likely be the hardest team to play and rebuild.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I will have to agree, the Celtics. It will most likely be the hardest team to play and rebuild.
Yea, I am from Boston and honestly I didn't watch much basketball last year because I have lost some interest in the game and also because of the bad product. And I haven't watched any preseason games yet. I may watch a handful of games this year but no more than 10. I will definitely watch the Cavs games because I want to see how they gel this year, maybe the Twolves and Bucks game because I want to see Jabari and Wiggins play and see how they translate to the pros. And they will be hard to rebuild if you decide to let Rondo walk in FA or he accepts another contract on you that will really hurt their chances.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

A dark horse rebuild project could also be the Knicks and Spurs. For the Knicks, the roster is pretty barren outside of Melo. For the Spurs, Duncan and Ginobili will retire after 1 or 2 seasons. Kawhi will probably develop into an All-star, but Duncan's retirement and Parker's age offers you a chance to sort of put your own stamp on the Spurs and take them in a new direction if you wish.

Another choice would be the Mavs. I assume the owner in MyGM mode will demand a winner, and with Dirk retiring soon, and them not really having much young talent, it could be fun trying to improve them on the fly while remaining competitive.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
A dark horse rebuild project could also be the Knicks and Spurs. For the Knicks, the roster is pretty barren outside of Melo. For the Spurs, Duncan and Ginobili will retire after 1 or 2 seasons. Kawhi will probably develop into an All-star, but Duncan's retirement and Parker's age offers you a chance to sort of put your own stamp on the Spurs and take them in a new direction if you wish.
The Knicks could be a little easy though because they have a ton of cap space with Amare's contract expiring after this season and they also have a good defensive center in Chandler. The Spurs on the other are definitely a dark horse for the reasons you mentioned. And outside of Kawhi they really don't any guy that I would call untouchable in the future (obviously Duncan and Parker are untouchable right now).
Old 10-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #7
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
You can probably keep Rondo or trade him for good assets. Bradley, Sullinger, Smart are nice young players that will grow to be good.

Green, Turner, Thornton, Bass, J. Anthony are only on the books for one season and Wallace's bad contract is only two years (and as usual for 2K you can just trade that away if you don't want to be that realistic with your dealings).

The real advantage for Celtics is that you have 5 first round picks for the next two seasons. They're actually in a great position to rebuild.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:38 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
You can probably keep Rondo or trade him for good assets. Bradley, Sullinger, Smart are nice young players that will grow to be good.

Green, Turner, Thornton, Bass, J. Anthony are only on the books for one season and Wallace's bad contract is only two years (and as usual for 2K you can just trade that away if you don't want to be that realistic with your dealings).

The real advantage for Celtics is that you have 5 first round picks for the next two seasons. They're actually in a great position to rebuild.
Bradley is decent at best. Sullinger is going to be good and I am not convinced about Smart. From what I heard before the draft and even after summer league he still can't shoot the ball. I see him at best turning out to be Rondo. And only two of those firsts has a chance to be a lottery pick. One is probably going to be mid 20's barring a major injury to Paul or Griffin. One in 16 might be top 20 but debatable (from Nets). The second in 2016 is going to a late 1st probably the last pick (from Cavs). The only 2 good picks could be the celtics in both years other than that you are looking at bottom third of the 1st round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »