Home

Better Sim experience? MyLEAGUE or My GM

This is a discussion on Better Sim experience? MyLEAGUE or My GM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2014, 03:29 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Better Sim experience? MyLEAGUE or My GM

I wanna do a myleague and control all 30 teams, just so I can switch teams if I want. But will this negate CPU-CPU trades since there's technically no CPU controlled teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #106
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxckBrxdlvy
I wanna do a myleague and control all 30 teams, just so I can switch teams if I want. But will this negate CPU-CPU trades since there's technically no CPU controlled teams?
Yes it will but you're still able to use trade finder. And other things of note, you can't sim the draft. So let's say you just want to pick the top 15 draft picks and have the CPU pick the rest, you can't. You have to sit there and pick every player first and second round. Also, you have to sign all free agents or you'll have 80+ overall guys still in free agency.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #107
Just started!

OVR: 0

Also I'm well aware there is a MyGM and MyLEAGUE separate threads ,but I figured that wasn't really the place to ask for a comparison of the modes
Old 11-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #108
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm appreciating MyLeague more over time. I haven't played MyGM this year but did a ton of it last year. The ability to control and shape the association over gets, to me, more valuable over time. Let me explain.

I'm about 10 seasons into MyLeague and I can see now how some slider adjustments I made to create more second round busts in the draft have made the league a bit light at the top end as well, not as many 90-ish players.

I did a search B+ or higher potential players in the league and found that for the last 7 years or so (after I made the slider adjustment), there were about 15-20 such players at each age level. But once we got go player 29 and over, the numbers were high, closer to 20-25.

So I ended up bringing the whole talent level of the league down far, maybe too far. There are teams in MyLeague struggling to find players with 80+ ratings to start. Usually each team should have at least one, maybe two solid 80+ starters at a minimum.

So, with MyLeague, I can correct this. I can juice up the draft class again, maybe overshoot for a year or two to get some stars back into the association, and then bring it back down to a better equilibrium level. Plus, I can make some random variations within certain boundaries of draft classes going forward to make some classes years stronger than others.

One thing I'd like to see next year is more variation of talent and potential levels within each simmed draft class, so that we can simultaneously have second round flame outs while also having enough quality stars and upside surprises entering the league, without having to make classes by hand. But in the meantime, being able to do some of this with sliders in MyLeague is great, and not something you can do in MyGM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »