Home

NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming?

NBA 2K15's
release has been anywhere from rocky if you are an online gamer, to pretty well received if you happen to play offline. As time goes on, and severs continue to stabilize, it's likely the reception for NBA 2K15 will only continue to warm.

With that said, we are bringing in three of our staff writers to talk about NBA 2k15 in a fact or fiction format. We'll discuss everything from the best mode in the game, to whether NBA 2K15 has 'best in class' gameplay.

Take it away boys...

Read More - NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / iOS / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 11
I've played Cleveland and LeBron was the man... His jumper wasn't hitting but his defense was crazy and his over all stats were LeBron James-ish... Same goes with the bulls where D.Rose was abusing my pg but I won due to no other offensive threat on the bull... Only one team that I've played so far that played differently was the wizards, Wall and Beal didn't seem to be the main focus of the offense.. But what ai can say is that down the stretch of the close games all the STARS PLAYED LIKE STARS.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 11
MyLeague is the best and the most fun I've had in a franchise since NFL 2K5. If this patch fixes that missing stat overlay bug, that would probably make it that much more better.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming?

I say the best because finally a sports game gets what is important, fifa, I am looking right at you.

NBA2k shines with;

1. Teams playing like they do in real life
2. Stars being the ones who drive their team whether it's through defending, distributing or scoring. It's terrific.
3. It's like a classic PES game where there are all these little details you only see if you look closely and play the game a lot. I have no doubt that a few months from now I will see something happen that I have never seen before.

Contrast point 3 with most EA sports games where you see every new animation or AI routine within the first 10 hours of playing the game...

So yeah easily the best CPU AI/behavior I have ever seen in a console sports game.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #5
Banned

You can doubt their servers, but no one can say they don't have the BEST gameplay of any sports game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming?

Without a doubt.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Online gameplay is horrific imo. But if you're playing by yourself on MyCareer and MyGM/MyLeague then yeah it's definitely one of the best in the business. I'm a big fan of the FIFA gameplay as well.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 33
The best Gameplay. Oh yes. At last a game where individual players play to their strengths & teams collectively play to these advantages. To Ben, FIFA is a great game & very enjoyable but when I'm able to play the same way with Oxford United as I am with Manchester United I will always see this game as limited.
Never has a game captured the individual characteristics of a player to the same extent as NBA 2K15. So much of this games brilliance has been overshadowed by its Online Server issues. Putting these to one side I can honestly say there isn't a game close to this in terms of Gameplay or Depth. I love FIFA & MLB The Show but nothing touches this game right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »