Home

Why is every thread just people complaining......

This is a discussion on Why is every thread just people complaining...... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #65
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why is every thread just people complaining......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
Honeymoon over.
Nba live fan eh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 10:42 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Because there are parts of the game that are fundamentally broken. No games increase in difficulty should be predicated on gimping a users control of the game. I.E. my player shouldnt all of the sudden be unable to shoot a perfectly released ball just because I switched the difficulty from Pro to HoF. Or my player gets caught in what feels like cement as the CPU makes a crazy leap to get an offensive rebound and then makes a contested put back with no effort.

The game is very close to being on par or better then any prior iteration in the gameplay department but a handful of things literally make the game an exercise in frustration. Where if you actually want to try and fix it is requiring users to completely rebalance the game with sliders, rosters and playbooks and as of right now the results are still only so-so.

Outside of that the responsiveness of the players is still an unfixed issue. Even the most athletic players feel like your are controlling someone moving through mud with delayed reactions.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
Nba live fan eh?
What does live have to do with the honeymoon period?
Old 10-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #68
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
What does live have to do with the honeymoon period?
That a nba live fan would try to take jabs at 2k
Old 10-19-2014, 11:00 PM   #69
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonm1010
Because there are parts of the game that are fundamentally broken. No games increase in difficulty should be predicated on gimping a users control of the game. I.E. my player shouldnt all of the sudden be unable to shoot a perfectly released ball just because I switched the difficulty from Pro to HoF. Or my player gets caught in what feels like cement as the CPU makes a crazy leap to get an offensive rebound and then makes a contested put back with no effort.

The game is very close to being on par or better then any prior iteration in the gameplay department but a handful of things literally make the game an exercise in frustration. Where if you actually want to try and fix it is requiring users to completely rebalance the game with sliders, rosters and playbooks and as of right now the results are still only so-so.

Outside of that the responsiveness of the players is still an unfixed issue. Even the most athletic players feel like your are controlling someone moving through mud with delayed reactions.
I don't play my player so I can't speak on that......I agree that it has issues and have made that clear, but outside of the online problems they're not any different or worse issues that any other sports game would have.....can u imagine if nba live was the only basketball game available......that game has issues that can't be fixed with a patch or sliders
Old 10-19-2014, 11:20 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
That a nba live fan would try to take jabs at 2k
I dont know a game/item that doesnt have a honeymoon period. Live will have a honeymoon period also. Still dont understand the reference to live.

Forget how #### forums are lol.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #71
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
I dont know a game/item that doesnt have a honeymoon period. Live will have a honeymoon period also. Still dont understand the reference to live.

Forget how #### forums are lol.
Cause it's the competition/alternative to 2k15 so if your gonna compare games that's the only option even though they're on different planets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 11:47 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I don't play my player so I can't speak on that......I agree that it has issues and have made that clear, but outside of the online problems they're not any different or worse issues that any other sports game would have.....can u imagine if nba live was the only basketball game available......that game has issues that can't be fixed with a patch or sliders
I just wouldn't play basketball games, which is close to how I feel even with the option of 2k. Between the VC stuff to the continual neglect of gameplay issues from year to year, to the server issues, I am on the precipice of where I was before I stopped playing Madden. Which is asking myself why I am continuing to put up with a $60 game that wants me to spend even more after the purchase while continually shipping said game with glaring bugs and broken features like this years shot meter, the players controlling like they are in mud, the dribble move issues or the offensive rebounding. All with the hope that maybe a month or two after the release they may or may not fix the issues at hand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »