Home

Orlando Magic

This is a discussion on Orlando Magic within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 01:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Orlando Magic

Now I'm waiting for the season to kick off before I start mine so I've been running with NBA today or quick games, pretty much using teams that I'd never use. Had a game against Utah today playing as Orlando Magic and I have to say they are really great young team to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Orlando Magic

Looking for some tip for people that play with Orlando. Having a hard time scoring with this team. NO shooting and Ben Gordon just tore his Achilles.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:45 AM   #3
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0

they have two very good pg, do more p&r plays and mix it up with low post plays for the big man. they have terrific 3 pt. threat too. horns play will be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2015, 06:30 AM   #4
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Looking for some tip for people that play with Orlando. Having a hard time scoring with this team. NO shooting and Ben Gordon just tore his Achilles.
you have some good shooters. oladipo, fournier, frye, harris.... vucevic can drain mid range shots as can o'quinn and nicholson.

if i were you id run the offense through vucevic. pick and rolls, pick and pops, post ups.

id use harris like a mini melo. high post plays, iso's, some mid range and three plays mixed in.

oladipo would be my 3rd option. id mostly try to slash with him and find him for 3.

guys like gordon and harkless can be great in transition or slashing to the basket. can also make the occasional jumper.

fornier would be my 6th man. i love having a guy who can come in and shoot the lights out.

its not the best team to work with but they have some solid pieces.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #5
Pro

JoFri's Arena

thinking abt it, i prefer to start payton (or oladipo) at point with fournier at the sg. the 2 pg are not very sharp shooters so having them on the floor with horns and p&r play wont bring the best offense out.

too bad gorden has been waived by the magic. consider having green to backup as sg.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2015, 08:48 AM   #6
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

You're NOT starting Oladipo? He's one of their most promising pieces. I had a Magic association earlier in the year and I was able to turn Aaron Gordon into a beast. But first, I had to make some edits to him... for one his mid range ratings are severely underrated, and he proved that in the summer league. Then, I wanted to turn him into a reliable stretch four to give Vuc space, so I bumped up his tendancy to shoot threes (as a result of my 'coaching' wanting him to shoot more). Then train him in rebounding, and the dude becomes a monster with that extreme athleticism and vert (that helps with boards), defensive ability and he can space the floor. He progresses well in the off-season, as long as he gets at least maybe 25-28 mpg

Also, don't shoot with Harris... take a look at his hot/COLD zones and you'd see why... all around the arc for him is blue besides like one or two neutral zones. Oladipo has some too. Go to shoot around and see where their able to hit from deep. If you try and remember their cold zones and not to shoot there it should help
Old 08-05-2015, 06:35 PM   #7
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbunn1993
You're NOT starting Oladipo? He's one of their most promising pieces. I had a Magic association earlier in the year and I was able to turn Aaron Gordon into a beast. But first, I had to make some edits to him... for one his mid range ratings are severely underrated, and he proved that in the summer league. Then, I wanted to turn him into a reliable stretch four to give Vuc space, so I bumped up his tendancy to shoot threes (as a result of my 'coaching' wanting him to shoot more). Then train him in rebounding, and the dude becomes a monster with that extreme athleticism and vert (that helps with boards), defensive ability and he can space the floor. He progresses well in the off-season, as long as he gets at least maybe 25-28 mpg

Also, don't shoot with Harris... take a look at his hot/COLD zones and you'd see why... all around the arc for him is blue besides like one or two neutral zones. Oladipo has some too. Go to shoot around and see where their able to hit from deep. If you try and remember their cold zones and not to shoot there it should help
cold zones dont really matter when you get a good release and he has good ratings. it will give you a slight decrease in your chances of making it but its not that dramatic.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #8
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
cold zones dont really matter when you get a good release and he has good ratings. it will give you a slight decrease in your chances of making it but its not that dramatic.

if set to real %?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »