Home

Post Gameplay Pics and Results

This is a discussion on Post Gameplay Pics and Results within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Post Gameplay Pics and Results

I'm surprised this thread doesn't exist but it's imperative we build on this thread. As we know, STATS don't lie so post up some pics and tell us about your experience during (Detailed...POE, Defensive settings, matchups, how the game was won, ect.) that game, whether it is good or bad.

The main goal of this thread is to improve user gameplay experience. We can learn from one another our schemes. I'll start:

Being the underdog sucks in 2K15 and playing against OKC on SS/SIM on 10 minute quarters is not an easy feat. Before the ball was tipped, POE were adjusted to: Limit transition, Neutral defensive, patient offense (This was key for this game) play physical, Crash defensive glass and play through Kobe.

Another small caveat I think everyone should do prior to tip is adjust match-ups! Some may or may not notice but on fast break opportunities, the computer almost gets lost and you usually have a mistmatch on the PG or somewhere on the court. To avoid that assign all of your match-ups prior to tip (Even if you are not changing assignments, do it)and I've noticed my CPU getting back on their man properly during misses and fast break opportunities. Try it out and let me know what you think; In my opinion, it makes a HUGE difference!....

So I did that and l kept Wes Johnson on KD for length and preserve Kobe for my offensive output. For KD I used, Double on drive, Deny, Moderate, Double on picks and Hard Hedge. For Westbrook I used Double on drive, moderate (Streaky 3 point shooter but not lights out), moderate, double on picks and hard hedge.

I won't go into depth regarding the role players but my focus was to make KD and Westbrook be facilitators instead of scoring machines. Regarding the offense, my theme was to feed the post to limit transition buckets and play thru Kobe since he needs a big game to beat a team like the Thunder. Main goal: Slow the game down and make them play at our pace.

Game starts and KD puts up a quick 10 in the first. ****. Change settings to double on catch and smother for second quarter. He puts up 6 and Westbrook is not a factor like he wants to be, limiting him to 6 shots and forcing him to pass. We are up at the half and they are playing our style of ball. The ball is moving around and Nick "Swaggy P" Young helped maintain the lead on 4-6 shooting while Kobe rested for 6 minutes in the second quarter.

Second half, Kobe dominates. In this matchup, their was only one mismatch...Reggie Jackson guarding Kobe. Yes, he's probably faster than Kobe but he's undersized and his little *** was taken to post school and I made my decisions from there. KD was KD and lit me up no matter how well my defensive settings were tuned in. I can only imagine the results for guys that leave everything on AUTO... YIKES! Westbrook came alive in the 3rd with two huge three's and showed some life but never dominated us. If both dominate, you usually lose.

Swaggy continued to hit big shots and the role players like Julius Randle were getting to the FT to slow the game down when need be. In the end, I dominated (Never lead) one of the best teams this year and won the game. Take a look at time of possession and that will show precisely that my gameplan worked. Slowing down the game and make their scorers passers (Only worked for one). My defensive settings also came in handy because KD was doubled with 40 seconds left in the game, forcing a miss.

I'd like to see others get in on this and please elaborate on your pictures. To all the people having trouble AND people have good experiences, speak now or forever hold your peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Post Gameplay Pics and Results

BUMP... 10 char
Old 10-26-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
Pro

No input fam?
Old 11-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
No input fam?
Bump. We need more productive threads rather than "it's broken" threads..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »