Home

Do you feel like 2k tries to make you lose some games?

This is a discussion on Do you feel like 2k tries to make you lose some games? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #9
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you feel like 2k tries to make you lose some games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Answer
true I'm with you on that. but it get too easy when you do that, double edge blade..
I hear ya. I def have to limit myself on Pro/Sim.

I run auto play calling (I'm a SG) and never call for passes unless it's on a cut to the basket or to break up a broken play. Running the offense I get about 20 shots a game. Making them can be a bit too easy, but I feel like my teammate AI and the CPU opponent are about on the same level. Equally stupid. For me, it balances out where the game doesn't HAVE to hinge on my performance. I have played great and lost, I have played horrible and won. I think that is the balance that Pro/Sim gives to MC, and makes it much more realistic.

I also play on Player Lock Cam. IMO its the closest thing to being on court. The camera swivel is insane at times but really mimics having to look around and the frantic pace basketball can get to. It also changes my decision making when playing, not being able to see the whole court and all players at all times.

Last edited by tomzennsbruh; 10-29-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:44 PM   #10
Rookie

SuperQharisma's Arena

..... This definitely is the case .... but even on Superstar/Sim 12 min qtrs.. (what I play) ... they can be defeated when they play this way .... usually through a SuperHuman effort ....

Case in point .... killing the Hornets all game ... til the 4th qtr. we can't buy a bucket ... and they making it rain like strip joint. ... come back from nearly 20 down to tie the game ...

Now it's a dog fight neither team can score ... we squeak out a 7 pt. win with some clutch free throw shooting ... I'm Brooklyn btw ....

Longstory short .... it took a Quadruple Double ... my first in about 4 yrs. of playing 2k ... 38 pts. 32 rbs. 13 ast. and 12 blks ....

Had 6 blks the game after that and didn't get eraser..... I'm kind of hot about that ... but I digress ....

Oh yeah ... and that next game was against OKC ... they weren't going to let me bully that win .... OKC goes on a miracle run at the end .. and wins by 10 .....

At the end of the day ... it's all good .... I'd hate to go 82 and 0 anyway ... plus I'll be bumping it up to hall of fame next season anyway..... I think of it as cheese preparation.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:35 AM   #11
Rookie

Whats the difference between simulation and default?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 12:55 AM   #12
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECOPx
Whats the difference between simulation and default?
Different slider set that alters how the game plays. If you go into Options > User Sliders, you can change between them and see the differences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »