Home

Hardwood Classics MyLeague

This is a discussion on Hardwood Classics MyLeague within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hardwood Classics MyLeague

For NBA 2k16, I think it would be a great addition to have a Hardwood Classics style Association/MyGM/MyLeague where you could start at any point in NBA history you wish to start a dynasty.

I think such version of MyLeague would be cool for gamers that want to relive the glory days of their favorite teams, or those who want to rewrite NBA history and correct any draft/free agency mistakes, or even keep the Sonics in Seattle.

For the 80 season length of MyLeague, it would definitely be 1946-2025 for Hardwood classics mode.

It would be a good opportunity for 2K to be able to let us have real expansion drafts instead of cloning players in create a team, and also a chance to let us build our own arenas and design the courts whichever way we want.

In addition, it would be cool to have presentation reminiscent of the TV graphics of each era as you move forward in the mode, and even have the option of jumping over to the ABA when that league comes out in 1967, and then participate in the 1976 dispersal draft.

If you guys have any other ideas that would make a Hardwood Classics MyLeague a good idea, I'd like to hear them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

Re: Hardwood Classics MyLeague

I don't think they would ever be able to get all the likeness rights to every player in every team since the 50s.

With that said, i would LOVE to see something like this.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzennsbruh
I don't think they would ever be able to get all the likeness rights to every player in every team since the 50s.

With that said, i would LOVE to see something like this.
If they can't get the rights to all the players, they could still have generic stand ins whom the gamers can edit and rename if they wish, and if possible, some of the users here could create super massive downloadable base rosters for each year a gamer wishes to start his/her HC MyLeague.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

True that.

If they just made the rating and tendencies of the old players, then like you said, users could edit information and appearance.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Anything else can we think of that could make a Hardwood Classic MyLeague work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #6
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoprankster
For NBA 2k16, I think it would be a great addition to have a Hardwood Classics style Association/MyGM/MyLeague where you could start at any point in NBA history you wish to start a dynasty.

I think such version of MyLeague would be cool for gamers that want to relive the glory days of their favorite teams, or those who want to rewrite NBA history and correct any draft/free agency mistakes, or even keep the Sonics in Seattle.

For the 80 season length of MyLeague, it would definitely be 1946-2025 for Hardwood classics mode.

It would be a good opportunity for 2K to be able to let us have real expansion drafts instead of cloning players in create a team, and also a chance to let us build our own arenas and design the courts whichever way we want.

In addition, it would be cool to have presentation reminiscent of the TV graphics of each era as you move forward in the mode, and even have the option of jumping over to the ABA when that league comes out in 1967, and then participate in the 1976 dispersal draft.

If you guys have any other ideas that would make a Hardwood Classics MyLeague a good idea, I'd like to hear them.
Us PC users had this option last year with the Ultimate Roster mods. They had draft classes from 71(?) or when ever the first draft was through 2016. It was pretty awesome.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Us PC users had this option last year with the Ultimate Roster mods. They had draft classes from 71(?) or when ever the first draft was through 2016. It was pretty awesome.
Nice to hear. Any draft anomalies you might remember, like Magic Johnson going to the Sonics, or Jordan going to the Celtics, or Lebron going to the Lakers?

Another thing I just thought of would be the choice of the usual fantasy draft for any year you want to start your dynasty in a Hardwood Classic MyLeague.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:08 PM   #8
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoprankster
Nice to hear. Any draft anomalies you might remember, like Magic Johnson going to the Sonics, or Jordan going to the Celtics, or Lebron going to the Lakers?

Another thing I just thought of would be the choice of the usual fantasy draft for any year you want to start your dynasty in a Hardwood Classic MyLeague.
I started one after Jordan retired in 98 and played a post Jordan, I was Minnesota with Marbury and KG. I got through like 3/4 of the season before playing other games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »