Home

Old 11-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Blocking

Hello

I noticed that Players take a very long time to react to blocking a ball. Whenever I'm hitting Triangle (Y) to block, it takes ANY PLAYER at least two seconds to react and attempt a block. (next gen version)

I tried increase speed, quickness, vertical, defensive awareness and on ball defense. Also increase take off and release defense and still on game speed 49 they are slow as ****. Just don't jump when I need that.

Which sliders I should use? I just want 5-6 blocks per game with players like Noah, Gasol, Gibson in my team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 01:00 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Blocking

This angers me to no end....that little hop step the players do before attempting to contest a shot.

And also, when there's a fast break and I press jump to try to stop it, a good portion of the time it doesn't do anything. Don't understand that either.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:26 AM   #3
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Most of the time when I get a block, it's because I jumped before the offensive player even jumps, and block it awkwardly on the way up. Even more so than this, I hope they fix the bug that prevents certain missed dunk/block animations from being recorded as a block.

All those animations look so good however 90% of them are clear fouls or blocks. The fouls aren't called and the blocks are not recorded.

I've posted on this subject multiple times and I'm glad to see someone else notices the difficulties with the blocking system this year. Not that blocks are impossible, but there's no separation by the elite shot blockers. I've had the CPU block more than 3 or 4 of my shots, even when playing against New Orleans or Chicago.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 11-02-2014, 03:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Maligx's Arena

yea so many times where i push triangle for the block and nothing even happens so they get easy layup while my guy is standing there staring at their crotch, such bull****
Old 11-02-2014, 05:16 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadassMarsh
Most of the time when I get a block, it's because I jumped before the offensive player even jumps, and block it awkwardly on the way up. Even more so than this, I hope they fix the bug that prevents certain missed dunk/block animations from being recorded as a block.

All those animations look so good however 90% of them are clear fouls or blocks. The fouls aren't called and the blocks are not recorded.

I've posted on this subject multiple times and I'm glad to see someone else notices the difficulties with the blocking system this year. Not that blocks are impossible, but there's no separation by the elite shot blockers. I've had the CPU block more than 3 or 4 of my shots, even when playing against New Orleans or Chicago.
I get most of my blocks from players like McDermott or Butler because they are bigger then opponent pg or sg and most of the time it concerns last second shots. There is no such thing like post move blocks, layup and dunks. Damn, with Lebron James I can't even make block from behind in fastbreak like it was easily to do in 2k14.

This is of course another problem- speed. I'm so ****ing slow in fastbreaks. Derrick Rose has a unique badge to do it and still with RT he is slower then Noah or Gasol...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 05:18 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadassMarsh

I get most of my blocks from players like McDermott or Butler because they are bigger then opponent pg or sg and most of the time it concerns last second shots. There is no such thing like block in post move (always faster then me), layup (too slow) and dunks (hahahah no ****ing way). Damn, with Lebron James I can't even make block from behind in fastbreak like it was easily to do in 2k14.

This is of course another problem- speed. I'm so ****ing slow in fastbreaks. Derrick Rose has a unique badge to do it and still with RT he is slower then Noah or Gasol...
Old 11-02-2014, 06:49 AM   #7
Rookie

Blocking obviously requires timing.

This year it seems that certain blocking attempts need to be done sooner than the past.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:58 AM   #8
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

I am finding blocking to be too easy. I might turn my user slider down. Sanders and Giannis make so many blocks for me. Henson too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »