Home

My Career CPU HOF needs a patch

This is a discussion on My Career CPU HOF needs a patch within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-05-2014, 05:39 AM   #9
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: My Career CPU HOF needs a patch

Certainly not here to attack anyone. But this is a circular argument. Developers have stated numerous times--on this forum--that HOF is not meant to be a sim experience; if it were, why would the computer receive attribute boosts? I won't tell anyone to lower the difficulty or even tinker with sliders. IMO, accept it for what it is. You don't even see devs posting that they play on HOF. I've never been able to tolerate HOF; my friends can because 'you get more vc', but I'd rather have a challenging but realistic experience. You will not get that on HOF. That's not how the game is built. It just isn't. And honestly, if all difficulties are winnable out of the box, what do you do when the highest level becomes too easy for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

Old 11-05-2014, 06:40 AM   #10
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah don't get the complaint. You want 2k to make the hardest,most unfair on purpose, difficulty to be easier? Why now just lower the difficulty? I know why though. Because VCrack fiends need that hit and the all-star/superstar ain't good enough anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #11
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
It's certainly not just him that feels it's unfair and unrealistic. It's probably him and thousands of others, myself included.

Your statement comes off a lot more arrogant than his.
It's supposed to be unfair. That's the whole point. Start up any video game in existance, turn the difficulty up to the most difficult and you will not see an AI that plays better, but an AI that gets unfair advantages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
It's supposed to be unfair. That's the whole point. Start up any video game in existance, turn the difficulty up to the most difficult and you will not see an AI that plays better, but an AI that gets unfair advantages.
This makes no sense. Then remove the "Sim" option if it's not going to be simulating basketball.

These statements are very flawed. HOF should be difficult but rewarding like it was last year. You shouldn't do everything perfect just so the CPU can get every offensive board or just pull up and hit a mid you are correctly contesting. Nor should they be shooting 65% as a team on "Simulation". The AI needs severe tweaking as well.

Personally, I win every Superstar game by 20+ points. I need HOF. But with the ridiculousness that goes on between the cheese and dumb AI, it is apparent it needs a patch.

While I think there are plenty of people playing the mode that shouldn't be and are whining; there are several like myself who know wth we're doing and have very valid feedback.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #13
Rookie

Here's what I shared in another thread, and why I think a little tweak to HoF is needed to make it a great experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphaNader
Always play MC in HoF but after loosing too many games I decided to play a couple in Superstar to try it out. I find there's a huge leap between the 2 levels of difficulty; SS ending up to be very easy.
I love the way your player is challenged in HoF. This I don't find in SS.

Problem I find in HoF:

Teammate AI is very weak; they miss the simplest shots, turnover the ball. Makes it very hard to play team basketball to win games. Got to score 50-60 to be a contender.
It's obvious when your player passes the ball to a teammate (good shooter) for an open shot he'll miss 8/10 times. On the other hand if another teammate passes for an open shot the odds become a lot better. How come?

Opponent AI is incredible; they cant miss, or barely. Even their bad players score like MJ. This is greatly helped by teammate AI slaking in defense.

If they could just tweak these little things HoF could become really great. But I doubt we'll see this happen.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
HOF should be difficult but rewarding
This I agree!
Old 11-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #15
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm getting a mixed bag on HOF in my career, i get some of blowout wins that leave me wondering if I had the game on HOF, then I get those games where I get destroyed and I feel cheated.

I made the playoffs as the 3 seed my 2nd season as a PF. We beat the Heat 4-1 in the first round, then had the Cavs in the 2nd round, where we went down 3-1, but forced a game 7 and lost.

It definitely needs a tweaking, as the CPU hits way too many shots it shouldn't hit. But it isn't as bad as last year in my opinion, as the CPU seems to miss a lot more open jumpers.

I had a lot more more success turning off auto plays, and I actually feel like I can win every game going in, rather than knowing I'm probably going to lose like last year.

But HOF is always going to be HOF. We pretty much know what to expect from this level every year.

Sent from the Laboratory at SimNation Headquarters using Tapatalk
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #16
Rookie

I don't see why the hardest game mode should be "unfair" that makes absolutely no sense at all. You would think it being the hardest difficulty that it should make everyone play exactly to their tendencies and ratings. HOF should make the game even more realistic to where you have to do more than just score the ball. Instead the mode is giving boost to the opposing AI while making your AI dumber which forces you to do unreal things.

In no way should a simulation game be made unfair on the hardest difficulty. Games like Halo and Destiny have a impossible mode, but those games are fictional non simulation games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »