Home

The issue that everyone seems to ignore...

This is a discussion on The issue that everyone seems to ignore... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #9
Rookie

SuperQharisma's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The issue that everyone seems to ignore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
Reducing your opponents fast break points starts on your side of the ball. One of the reasons fast breaks occur is because of poor shot selection. Another is turnovers but you didn't mention that was an issue.

I know it's easy to think that every shot we take is a good one but if you take a shot and then it's bam, bam, bam you've been scored on then that information should specifically tell you that you can get a better shot than the one you took. Pay attention to that and don't take that shot. This is especially true vs the CPU. The biggest problem here is chucking too many threes.

Secondly, if you are crashing the offensive boards and they are running in transition, then that's another reason you could have problems. If you are running on auto POE's that could be happening.

I've noticed too it appears my guys don't know what to do on transition defense. But what you have to do is watch the CPU does when you fast break and where it positions itself and then when you get ran on, assess who needs to be in that position and control them.

I've noticed I often drive to the basket with my point guard and that buries my point guard 94 feet from the basket, I'll have trouble getting back.

Finally, remember that some teams, like the Wizards, that their strength is running.

I'm not saying that how it is replicated in the game is always authentic. But what I am saying is that there are some things you can do to help.

The most important thing is shot selection. The more you are scoring on your possessions and the better shots you take, the less of a problem it is.

This is spot on

2k15 is the closest thing to sim basketball of all time ....... Too long people have been getting away with poor basketball decisions........

'15 punishes those decisions more than ever ..... So the onus is on the player to improve their play.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Reducing your opponents fast break points starts on your side of the ball. One of the reasons fast breaks occur is because of poor shot selection. Another is turnovers but you didn't mention that was an issue.

I know it's easy to think that every shot we take is a good one but if you take a shot and then it's bam, bam, bam you've been scored on then that information should specifically tell you that you can get a better shot than the one you took. Pay attention to that and don't take that shot. This is especially true vs the CPU. The biggest problem here is chucking too many threes.

Secondly, if you are crashing the offensive boards and they are running in transition, then that's another reason you could have problems. If you are running on auto POE's that could be happening.

I've noticed too it appears my guys don't know what to do on transition defense. But what you have to do is watch the CPU does when you fast break and where it positions itself and then when you get ran on, assess who needs to be in that position and control them.

I've noticed I often drive to the basket with my point guard and that buries my point guard 94 feet from the basket, I'll have trouble getting back.

Finally, remember that some teams, like the Wizards, that their strength is running.

I'm not saying that how it is replicated in the game is always authentic. But what I am saying is that there are some things you can do to help.

The most important thing is shot selection. The more you are scoring on your possessions and the better shots you take, the less of a problem it is.
Ai does need work though. Most of my shots are good shots and even with my POE set to limit transition its still too easy to fast break and anybody can throw the lob pass.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-06-2014, 05:58 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Fast breaks don't happen like that because of the defensive players getting back in time...I think that needs to be addressed more than anything. Maybe take control of the furthest person back and stop it yourself for the time being?

I've actually become annoyed by players who throw the cross court pass and it ends up sailing out of bounds. Anyone who has played baksetball can throw a pretty accurate cross court pass, you may not hit the player in perfect stride, and it may not even be all that accurate, but it's definitely not sailing 10-12 feet above the player all the way out of bounds. I guess that's just 2k taking the easy solution to the true problem tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #12
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Its about fastbreaks online. Now everyone should know

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah I understood that after reading the first like the original post, but it should be been in the headline instead of trying to sensationilize the headline.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 11-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #13
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Very misleading thread title. You should've told us it was about fastbreaks online instead of a thread title that may or may not be a subjective thought on something.
I apologize for the clickbait title, wont happen again
Old 11-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:

I agree but not entirely. This year, pretty much any player can throw a 3/4 court pass. In-fact I accidentally hit A when I bounding and accidentally threw a pass from the inbound all the way to my PF in the paint on the other side. It went perfectly over the defender and I laid it in. This should never happen.

I felt bad for my opponent lol
Old 11-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #15
Banned

Online is like on Casual, it feels like NBA 2K12. My opponent usually zigzags into paint untouched. I used to catch them on charges but it don't work anymore. And my opponent wont miss abg shots, its 2K12-esque. Online Quick Rank is a waste.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 02:35 AM   #16
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
I apologize for the clickbait title, wont happen again
Don't worry about it. He dislikes EVERY thread that is negative towards NBA 2K, constructive or not. You can name a thread w/e you damn well please.

I will mention, don't forget that there is a transition finisher AND outlet pass badge. I'd bet that your worst experiences with this are with some of the better outlet passing guys, i.e. Kevin Love to Lebron, I'm sure that's a popular play.

Last edited by FedExPope; 11-07-2014 at 02:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »