Home

NBA 2K15 Controls need to be consistent, too many controls conflict

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Controls need to be consistent, too many controls conflict within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you support a dedicated modifier button?
Yes 6 60.00%
No 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2014, 07:57 AM   #9
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Controls need to be consistent, too many controls conflict

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE= BETTER MUSCLE MEMORY= EASY TO PULL OFF MOVES

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 11-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #10
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

I voted "yes" because I will always support having more options/customization in the game. The more control schemes to choose from, the better.

That being said, I really haven't experienced much of what you said. Then again, I also haven't experienced any input lag and don't really know what the hubbub is all about (I use a 360 controller fwiw).

I have had more issues this year doing moves I didn't intend than I have in past years, but it's usually never a big deal. The biggest culprit for me is accidentally doing the wrong layup sometimes--I shoot a reasonable amount of floaters that are meant to be eurosteps.

But, overall, I feel the controls for this year are incredibly crisp and responsive (provided you aren't currently stuck in an animation!). Then again, I also know that apparently I'm the only one that feels this way
Old 11-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

there are alot of controls, but I wouldnt change a thing. I want as much control with what I do on the court. If it takes months to master new moves and learn controls so be it. IMO its just like real life. learn a new move, make mistakes while implementing it into your game-play, eventually master it, and add it to your repertoire

the player ratings, and your stick skills will determine your success rate. now thats a proper way to implement controls in a sim experience. Again, like real life, not every player has a killer cross over, hop step, or post moves..

I actually like the pro stick passing. that's what I use a majority of the time.

I agree with person that made the comment about calling plays. the new config takes a while to get used to.

and I do believe they have a casual control setting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2014, 10:52 AM   #12
Rookie

NBA 2K15 Controls need to be consistent, too many controls conflict

I think people here are getting a little too confused with what I said,lol. In saying that the button combinations conflict with each other and that certain moves should be tied to a modifier button.

I'm not sure about this casual control scheme and extra practice that people are talking about. This is about the actual controls of the game not working on a consistent basis simply because when you try to do one move, it actually does some other move that is tied to the same button.

No amount of practice is going to fix that. And a casual control scheme that removes features would be stupid and unnecessary.

I'm just suggesting a modifier button so the controls can stop conflicting with each other and that you can actually do the moves that you want when you want without magical things happen like somehow taking a jumper while trying to throw an alley oop or somehow going for a floater when you wanted to do a euro step.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
Old 11-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
They need to have a casual control setting.
Some of us play on a harder setting not for pride just a good challenge.

And control setup don't work to good sometimes.
Give us a mix pro and casual control setting.
Exactly, even though I love NBA 2K it isn't the only game I own, and I only have so much free time for games to begin with.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:02 PM   #14
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundtrack2C
I think people here are getting a little too confused with what I said,lol. In saying that the button combinations conflict with each other and that certain moves should be tied to a modifier button.

I'm not sure about this casual control scheme and extra practice that people are talking about. This is about the actual controls of the game not working on a consistent basis simply because when you try to do one move, it actually does some other move that is tied to the same button.

No amount of practice is going to fix that. And a casual control scheme that removes features would be stupid and unnecessary.

I'm just suggesting a modifier button so the controls can stop conflicting with each other and that you can actually do the moves that you want when you want without magical things happen like somehow taking a jumper while trying to throw an alley oop or somehow going for a floater when you wanted to do a euro step.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
A casual setting wouldn't remove feature but replace them
with easy memory function.

For a fast game play like 2k is
you sometimes be pressing wrong stuff at the wrong time.

And for the older folks and younger kids would love these setting.

I play mlb show14 timing & classic pitching setting.
It's simple and pure and it works.
Old 11-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #15
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

eh...the controls are complex, but that's the only way to be able to have all of the moves in the game...so i'm fine with it the way it is. changing up the controls now would just add more issues in other areas. if you create a modifier button, then where does the previous function of that button go to? i think they've crammed all they can into the controller as is. i think the current control scheme works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #16
Rookie

The play calling system needs a complete overhaul. It was fine last year but now it's all dpad which is more cumbersome than it needs to be

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »