Home

Defensive player to Offensive player interactions.....

This is a discussion on Defensive player to Offensive player interactions..... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Defensive player to Offensive player interactions.....

I feel as though this area can be extremely frustrating at times. What a defensive player does should not dictate an unwanted animation from the offensive player. Majority of time online you'll see the defensive player constantly reaching (with no penalty). While there reaching it's causing my offensive player to do unwanted animations like take the ball behind his back, or step back, take the ball between his leg, all animation that are not input by the user. This is the defender causing these animations to occur and you get stuck in them so your unable to move.

I truly believe that one should not have anything to do with the other. If the guy i'm playing decides he wants to constantly reach all game. It shouldn't dictate MY MOVEMENT and vice versa. This happens when a user calls a double team as well, the offensive player with the ball will stop in his tracks and go into the protect the ball animation. If I didn't input it, then it shouldn't occur. Maybe the 2k dev team can look into removing these automatic animations and separate the offensive player from the defensive player. I understand it may be a difficult task and could potential make the game have a more BASIC LOOK to it, but good looks mean nothing when you don't have total control over the player that you are controlling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Defensive player to Offensive player interactions.....

he's putting pressure on the ball. Call for screens , pass the ball etc.. There is a penalty . Once a defensive player reaches he is stuck in animation for a moment and can't recover quick enough if you blow by him
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Offense is already too strong in comparison to defense.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #4
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
he's putting pressure on the ball. Call for screens , pass the ball etc.. There is a penalty . Once a defensive player reaches he is stuck in animation for a moment and can't recover quick enough if you blow by him
Can't blow by him if I'm stuck in a animation i did not ask for.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:04 AM   #5
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Can't blow by him if I'm stuck in a animation i did not ask for.
The problem is, taking these 2 man animations out would mean there's no way to make contact look or happen correctly. If they took it out then people would complain that they play D, but the offensive player just bounces of them on the way to the rim, or bounces back.

Those animations right now keep the offense from being over powered, and are EASY to deal with.

If I get a lockup animation like that I press Triangle. That takes you to the ball protect stance/dribble. Fun fact: If you go into that, and press triangle to cancel out, you get a slight step back when you turn around. Most defenders will reach like crazy during this, and the step back gives you enough room to blow by them and make them pay for lackluster D.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »