Home

I thought zig zagging was fixed?

This is a discussion on I thought zig zagging was fixed? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2014, 12:31 AM   #25
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I thought zig zagging was fixed?

They need to add lock on Defense from 2k8. Its impossible to shut anything down online consistently. No one moves the ball or runs sets either. Its mainly cheese and pick n roll

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 01:52 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lol at take a step back, that's what the offensive player wants.

''I'm Just laughin To the Bank All you do is ''Giggle''
Old 11-26-2014, 07:09 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
So you want us to step back so a maxed out sunset baller that already gets a boost in shooting pulls up a open three. You have to hug them if not it's going in.
Realistically though you have to pick your poison, it's unlikely you would be able to take away that 3 AND prevent someone from driving, that wouldn't be very realistic at all. If you stay close and practically hug them they can blow past you, if you sag off to cut off driving lanes they can take the shot. You have to decide what you want to live with.

They really need to make the MyPark character separate from the Career character, have them upgrade separately etc and limit them to being elite in only one offensive and one defensive area.

So if you have 99 lay up/dunk your 3pt is capped at 75-80. And if you have 90+ 3 point shooting your lay up/dunk is capped at 75-80.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Problem is even when we do anticipate there's a delayed or sluggish reaction , I think that's why a lot of people hug their man. Glad it's being addressed though
Exactly movement on defense is fine. The problem is the lag that makes all the movements delayed. Offline is perfect, gameplay is great, online is atrocious .
Old 11-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #29
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Defense will see a more responsive update in the next patch as well.

That said, many people try to hug their defender. Especially on the park, take a step back and anticipate where he's going. Cut him off there. Park has many variables with many greatly built MyPLAYERS.

That all said, defense is getting tweaked for the better in the next patch. I think you guys will enjoy the experience much more.

"Zig-zag" swiss and behind the back cheddar are both addressed in there too.

It's going to be a great patch imo. Full, approved notes when patch is released.
so much cheese to address.... i hope they also fix the shot clock cheese
and if they added a bit of rebounding balance then for me everything would be much better off
Old 11-26-2014, 04:43 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Realistically though you have to pick your poison, it's unlikely you would be able to take away that 3 AND prevent someone from driving, that wouldn't be very realistic at all. If you stay close and practically hug them they can blow past you, if you sag off to cut off driving lanes they can take the shot. You have to decide what you want to live with.

They really need to make the MyPark character separate from the Career character, have them upgrade separately etc and limit them to being elite in only one offensive and one defensive area.

So if you have 99 lay up/dunk your 3pt is capped at 75-80. And if you have 90+ 3 point shooting your lay up/dunk is capped at 75-80.
The way the game is now defense is none exist in the park regardless what you do. But I would rather have a guy blow by me and get help at the rim then step back and let someone shoot open threes.
LA DODGERS
Old 11-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
The way the game is now defense is none exist in the park regardless what you do. But I would rather have a guy blow by me and get help at the rim then step back and let someone shoot open threes.
I don't know, with the input lag guys really struggle to make shots. I would rather watch them brick the 3. Once they get to the rim dunks are pretty much a guarantee regardless of how much help D you get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #32
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

It's easy to make shots when you pick a quick shot then make the release quick...looks ugly as (you know) but it works and again another cheesy thing imo.

If you step back and try and anticipate someone with limitless range hits a 30 foot three...because, you know, that happens a lot.

If you have maxed out d (like me, because I rather play d than offense) and try and play lockdown d like Tony Allen it just doesn't work...the zig zag and behind the back is so impossible to defend right now you just gotta fight fire with fire and gun back.

As of right now the thing that works best is just stay a little back and have your settings where you always defend shots...if you got long arms and good ability to read the cheese you can usually get a good shot contest most of the time. But then when they wanna drive you're at their mercy still.

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »