Home

Blown dunks?

This is a discussion on Blown dunks? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Blown dunks?

That video isn't even a foul either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABOsQJmEnlI
Old 11-23-2014, 06:43 PM   #18
Rookie

I like it and hate it.

Like it because not all attempted poster dunks on someone should be successful. Hate it because the animation seems to never result in a foul call.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:10 PM   #19
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hear me now
I disagree with the op. I think 2k got this right. There has to be a risk vs reward when trying to dunk on someone. LeBron is a good shot blocker and he was in good position to contest(and he did). It's not like you never get to posterize in this game. You want this to be a dunk fest all game?
Disagree with what? That it's a thing?

I never said I liked it or not, just that it happened and I was wondering if it was just me.

I have a small issue with the animation (LeBron is close to going vertical here, but like I said it's a bad example) but that's about it.

I like that the game is moving away from being a dunk fest but I don't think this is the way to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattj1x
I like it and hate it.

Like it because not all attempted poster dunks on someone should be successful. Hate it because the animation seems to never result in a foul call.
This sums up my feelings exactly.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Don't think I have any recorded but it happens to me on the regular; even a few times against guards who didn't even jump. My guy is 6'7" with 86+ in athlete ratings and gold posterizer. I wouldn't think it was a big deal if it were ratings based but it's clearly inconsistent in that regard.

I play on all-star/default.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #21
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

I like it. You have the ability before you go up to do a layup, floater, or dunk. So if you take the risk to go up for a dunk and it's right there either you dunk on the guy or this animation happens.

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #22
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggins
I like it. You have the ability before you go up to do a layup, floater, or dunk. So if you take the risk to go up for a dunk and it's right there either you dunk on the guy or this animation happens.
On a contested dunk I could understand it going one way or the other. This animation activates when you have no contact. It doesn't hit the rim either, just flies over the basket.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 11-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
I get that ball flying over the rim animation without being touched. Happens way too much.

I had this happen in the beginning, but I am a 6'4 Point Guard. But after getting Posterizer (One of my first 5 Badges) and then boosting my athleticism I am constantly throwing down any dunk animation.

I do however have the ball fly over the rim, but it is always called a foul now. Hell, I even make some (I need to upload some footage it is hilarious).

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Old 11-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #24
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
On a contested dunk I could understand it going one way or the other. This animation activates when you have no contact. It doesn't hit the rim either, just flies over the basket.
Have to agree here. At first I was just confused by it but the more I think about this animation, I don't like it (and I hate dunk fests).

A 7 footer this close to the rim trying to dunk is at least going to experience serious contact. That contact will always result in a foul irl unless the defender is demonstrating total verticality. Which, when defending a 7 footer with posterizer, is going to be near impossible to pull off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »