Home

Is anyone All Star Rep in Park Yet?

This is a discussion on Is anyone All Star Rep in Park Yet? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2014, 01:23 AM   #17
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Is anyone All Star Rep in Park Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustaGame
I'm at All-Star 2, basically 100% park games. I gotta say I'm surprised to see so many guys not only at a high rank, but pushing rec games. It's true rec games get you wayy more VC per game, but it's only if you win, and you definitely should try to get a good teammate grade.

The problem I have with rec games are that they are soo hard to get into without a squad (sometimes even with a squad), they take a long time, and if you don't win you're wasting a really good chunk of playing time for an extremely choppy/laggy online experience. If I had a solid crew through that I played with regularly though then I'd probably only play rec, but park games are fun. But don't even get me started on the teammates you'll be stuck with on the blacktop if you're running without a squad.

To the high rank Rec players, do you guys all run with 5 every time? And also, isn't it really laggy to you too? Maybe my internet is just wak.. But I used to be one of those die hard CoD guys and internet speed was everything, and I know even now I always pay for the upgraded speeds.
I rarely play with randoms . I have a good group I play with and we rarely lose with team ball. I always bring a squad of five . I've also added a few good random Ballers I've played with too.

As far as lag I noticed the more people in the gym the laggier . I try to get into uncrowded recs
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm all star 1 but I've played over 200 games. I play with my friends and some other people I've become friends with just through playing rec and park with them.

I notice the people who aren't very good and low levels are generally the ones who wine about people buying vc.. To me I don't care if anyone does because it's their money and they still have to rank up. If you get some good dudes and play basketball the right way you can beat anyone.. Stop whining and start playing
Old 12-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #19
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

The whole VC thing would not bother me if they would just make it more realistic and fix the input delay. It isn't fun facing teams who attempt to do nothing but dunk on you, win or lose. I am constantly putting my guy into position to draw contact, hit the RS up, and I am just not seeing enough positive results. If I tip it or block a shot, the offense always just gets the loose ball anyways.

I really haven't been too impressed by any rec teams. Only one team we faced actually attempted to run some sets and share the rock. We won easily, but it actually felt like a basketball game. Then you have games where the other team just plays super one dimensional and relies on one or two tactics. I've faced a lot of teams that have 2-3 guys do nothing but behind the back, left to right, on the perimeter with a maxed out rebounding guy standing out of bounds waiting to jump right under the hoop and hit triangle as soon as the shot is up. So if they do miss the three, it is very very hard to box those type of guys out.

The whole rec thing can be fun and team ball can get rewarded, but atm I feel like defense should get more breaks, especially loose balls. Most teams think spamming square and full court pressing is "defense".

So it is not about VC at all. I only played my rookie season and got my guys attributes maxed out, along with the 2k app and MyGm mode. I expect most players to be 90+ at this stage of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »