Home

Old 12-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #9
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Corrupt Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
They need to give us back the 'offline saves' for rosters, careers, etc. so that when they have server issues etc. whatever is causing these 'corrupt files' isn't an issue.

If I screw up a save and its corrupt shame on me, but when it's on their end, and you email support, b/c there is no number to call, and can't get results, it makes me want to avoid an other wise good game.

When my 90 ovr PG got stuck in the playoff loop (corrupt file keeps kicking to dash once playoff game ends), fortunately MS stepped up to the plate and offered compensation.
How do you email this support? I wanna see if they can help me too
Old 12-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #10
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Go to 2ksports.com, it's been since Sunday no response. And since MS stepped up, I haven't hounded them as originally intended.

Before that 20+ badges, and $40 in VC were wasted because of the corrupted file/playoff loop issue.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 12-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #11
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Servers do have maintenance times you know. battle.net goes down for hours each week. The constant harping on servers is comical. They have been the best they've ever been this year, yet people still act like its 2007.

It's like people conveniently forget why saved for career aren't offline. Or is playing against a 40ft PG ok again?

Oh wait, you CAN save offline. But just live with the fact you can't take it BACK online.

Sounds like a patience issue on your end because I've heard of MANY folks getting they saves recovered. The only ones that didn't were hackers.

Ah! THAT issue. If talking about the issue with MS's purchasing validation during the release, that was on Microsoft.

And before anyone cries that I'm defending, just stop. I'm just saying, **** happens. Stop blaming everything on a monolithic "bad servers". Be patient and get it taken care of. It's not hard or end of the world.
But theoretically couldn't 2K let us save locally then if we go online for Park/Rec Center they validate our save? If it was tampered with your My Player becomes offline only...? Then we can play offline when the servers are down and don't have to worry about stuff like this.

I used to play Crew 24/7 against them kinda guys but last year I lost 4 different players due to the servers corrupting files and it made me completely stop playing career...lost all desire. I feel for the people it's happening to again and I hope I'm not one of them.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #12
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Good, fair question. How would it validate the data? If you encode the data based on the values in the data, people can figure out the pattern with enough changes. There are many ways this can be done. But every system that isn't completely self contained is either more vulnerable to hacks or insanely complicated to implement.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #13
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Odd that an always offline system can't save without getting a corrupt file every time.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #14
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Corrupt Data

Nevermind. Tapatalk can't delete posts.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:08 PM   #15
MVP

hogfan's Arena

Not sure if this is only an Xbox One problem.

Can any one comment on this issue post patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #16
MVP

hogfan's Arena

Bump.

Please, anyone know anything about this issue for offline saves? I have $35 coaster right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »