Home

2K15 - Passin when using pick and roll

This is a discussion on 2K15 - Passin when using pick and roll within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #1
Rookie

Noel.'s Arena

OVR: 0
2K15 - Passin when using pick and roll

I have just started playing this game "seriuously" and noted that there are lots of unsuccessfull passes when running a pick and roll.

Like honestly most of my passes ended up hitting the big defender very stupidly.

In 2k14 I managed to get very nice pick and rolls (elegant ones) with the Warriors but that doesnt seem the case now.

Is it only me (I may be a bit rusty yet) or is this a normal "addressed problem"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2K15 - Passin when using pick and roll

Tried the lob pass or bounce passes ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Strangerstake's Arena

OVR: 2

I used L2 and right stick in pnr in 2k14!! This leads to turnovers in 2k15.
So i started passing with L2 and O which is the fancy passing and surprisingly they work so much better!! The catch and finish by the roller is a lot smoother and seems to convert to a basket a lot of times. Just make sure you have a good passer when executing!! I usually run pnr with lebron and varejao and never seem to miss against the cpu lol!!

If you set your poe to pnr and run a few picks and find open shooters, you ll find plenty of space in the lane after a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Old 12-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Noel.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Tried the lob pass or bounce passes ?
Tried normal directional, didnt work very well.
Tried bounce pass, hit them in the knees.
Tried r1+player button pass and that didnt work either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerstake
I used L2 and right stick in pnr in 2k14!! This leads to turnovers in 2k15.
So i started passing with L2 and O which is the fancy passing and surprisingly they work so much better!! The catch and finish by the roller is a lot smoother and seems to convert to a basket a lot of times. Just make sure you have a good passer when executing!! I usually run pnr with lebron and varejao and never seem to miss against the cpu lol!!

If you set your poe to pnr and run a few picks and find open shooters, you ll find plenty of space in the lane after a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will try... thanks.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #5
Rookie

This is off topic but can somebody please help me figure out why I cannot post new threads?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #6
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Its important to pay attention to your opponents PoE if the are'protecting' the paint it can be very difficult never mind finishing amoungst the traffic. Theres a reason so few players in the nba are considered Pnr miestro's. It takes good ball handleing shooting ability a team with good shooters a big who is mobile and can catch and finish or shoot and A GREAT DEAL OF AWARENESS is there a switch /missmatch, soft hedge/jumpshot, hard hedge/slip or roll, rotation/extra pass or wide opean shooter.There are many ways to defend a pick and roll. And there are many ways to defeat that defense. Blindly forcing dump offs to the roll man ... Be smarter then that
Old 12-08-2014, 06:41 AM   #7
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

PnR fade works most of the time but slippin and rollin is a hot mess ...its more luck and hoe crowded the lane is .cpu hands is ridiculous and knees also never seen a kicked ball violation there...cpu grabs th e ball after they kick it and atart a new offense...pick n roll kinda dead this year ..tweaked it the wrong way ..its like the cpu defensive awareness and hands are sky high wenn you pick n roll bounce pass is impossible at times and alley oop depending on who running it ..but its not effective like real ball games
Old 12-08-2014, 09:23 AM   #8
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

What's your playmaker attribute at? That controls how well you pass, your pass IQ, Ball control, accuracy, vision, etc. If you haven't started building that attribute up I suggest you do so and that will help.

You can also work your butt off in MyCareer and achieve the Dimer badge. Not sure if you have the time or patience to achieve it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »