Home

Game won't work for new owners on PS4

This is a discussion on Game won't work for new owners on PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Game won't work for new owners on PS4

Sorry OS mods, i know there's a bug / glitch thread, but i think this one is beyond that since nothing works for new owners of this game.

New owners cannot get out of the title screen. After the new update is downloaded and your game is installed, there is a message that says to go to the main menu to complete the update. Well you can't, you just can press X and go to the spurs/heat game. You can play the spurs/heat game 100 times or exit out of the game, but you're still stuck at the title screen, there is no way to get to the main menu.

And yes, the complete update has been downloaded. There is no lingering download left in the information screen on PS4.

There's threads on 2k forums as well about this but looks like 2K is not taking any action. At least they're not responding or acknowledging the problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Game won't work for new owners on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
Sorry OS mods, i know there's a bug / glitch thread, but i think this one is beyond that since nothing works for new owners of this game.

New owners cannot get out of the title screen. After the new update is downloaded and your game is installed, there is a message that says to go to the main menu to complete the update. Well you can't, you just can press X and go to the spurs/heat game. You can play the spurs/heat game 100 times or exit out of the game, but you're still stuck at the title screen, there is no way to get to the main menu.

And yes, the complete update has been downloaded. There is no lingering download left in the information screen on PS4.

There's threads on 2k forums as well about this but looks like 2K is not taking any action. At least they're not responding or acknowledging the problem.
Did you go into the system storage management section and look to see if the full game is downloaded? I had this problem last night until I realized I had a few GB's left to go.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzY4111
Did you go into the system storage management section and look to see if the full game is downloaded? I had this problem last night until I realized I had a few GB's left to go.
You can do the same thing by pressing options on the game in the dashboard and then going to info.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #4
MVP

yes, full game and update is downloaded. went to the information screen numerous times - installed 24 hours ago. it's only not working for those who bought the game after the update was released. if you had the game prior to the update and downloaded the update it works.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Hmm. One strange thing I noticed last night when I was browsing the PSN store was that NBA 2K15 was listed as unavailable for purchase. Luckily, I bought it a while ago and just had to redownload it after my PS4 bricked.

Have you contacted Sony support?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #6
Rookie

I don't know how but my ps4 deleted 2k15, so I had to re install it and it updated to 1.03 and I can't get past the spurs - heat game too it's really frustrating if you can't play the game "new" post patch, and it's weird because it was working perfectly fine before it got deleted

It also keeps saying update required but it says its updated to 1.03 on the system

Last edited by chubbster715; 12-09-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:44 PM   #7
MVP

chub - yup, you got what we're experiencing as new owners of the game. It's just stuck on that title screen and the spurs/heat game. It's like an infinite loop. All the downloads and updates have completed but it still doesn't work.

anyone who has the game and don't want it to break - do not erase anything! if you uninstall the game you're in the same boat as us. You'll get stuck out of the main menu and all the features.

I don't think it's a sony problem either. people with the game prior to the update and downloaded have no problem getting to the main menu. It's the rest of us who are new game owners.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:01 AM   #8
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Ok im going to lock this because we already had a ton of threads on it.

The game is not done installing so please keep playing and eventually it will load everything else. Use the search feature and see the other threads on it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »