Home

Is this EVER going to be fixed?

This is a discussion on Is this EVER going to be fixed? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Is this EVER going to be fixed?

Year in and year out this same problem exists, and it's absolutely infuriating. It's the single reason why people run halfcourt trap and get away with it.

You're at the arc, dribbling. They double you. You have a WIDE OPEN guy sitting in the corner waiting for the three ball. You pass to them, and the second you pass it, he cuts to the basket where there's 2 defenders (and a couple of your guys clogging up the paint too). Your guy tosses some floaty pass into the paint and it's immediately picked off.

On the opposite side of things, you'll have your center wide open under the hoop as you drove and pulled the opposing center off of him and onto you. You hit the pass button to pass to him and he darts for the arc, into defenders and into an area where it's impossible for him to even score. WHY?!?!

This is infuriating. Fix this damn problem before I go insane.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #2
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Re: Is this EVER going to be fixed?

I know exactly what you mean..

My favorite is when I'm the center or power forward and get the ball near the 3 point line and can't dribble, and no guard comes to get the ball from me and I'm forced into throwing a horrible pass.

-Allen Iverson
Old 12-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Nosebleed cam in online ranked...is this ever going to be fixed? Why did they take it out.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:11 AM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

The lead passing feature can help with this, but it doesn't always solve the problem. This is one of the best things about playing Team Up mode with friends. My friends know that if I get trapped, and they don't flash somewhere where I can throw them an easy pass, I'm not going to be happy with them haha.

They also know to spot up and not cut into the paint and get me a turnover the way CPU teammates sometimes will.

Last edited by Pokes404; 12-11-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #5
Rookie

AquaDrew's Arena

Aquadrew .... Makin post to start thread privilege
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's annoying because the AI should be able to calculate which decision is better. An open 3 is better than a contested layup for anyone that shoots better than 30% from 3. That's on the very small chance that the pass doesn't directly lead to a TO - which it does almost every time.

If the AI knows there are 2 guys in the paint or even 1 defender in the paint, they should know to stay in the open spot.

I'm confident Czar will come up with a solution to this. I'm sure it drives him nuts when the AI does something so silly during Free Lance.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #7
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Running a play for a pick'n'roll instead manually calling solves it for me most of time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »