Home

Online - After patch, charge cheese is reicarnated

This is a discussion on Online - After patch, charge cheese is reicarnated within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2014, 02:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Online - After patch, charge cheese is reicarnated

Hello,

When playing Online leagues (HOF) and Online quick matches I noticed that after patch many opponents uses charge button to defend low post situation.

This tactic is very efficient because you get called for charge foul even if you DON'T use aggressive back-down (turbo + direction towards the paint). It's is so flawed now, that even a use of post fake moves without moving triggers a charge foul.

For example:
- Let's say we pass the ball to Aldridge who is in the low post
- He goes in post mode and tries to work his way to the basket without using agressive back-down
- Defender gather up and then falls to the ground -> charge foul called -> opponent has just used charge/flop button to defend the post attack

I don't know if 2K raise the flop success rate in the last patch to address "low number of fouls in the game", but the situation right now is worse than before. And what is the most interesting stuff... if you spam dribble moves or pump fakes and you hit the defender, you can knock him to the ground without any penalty.

The solution IMO of this problem lies elsewhere and it is more complicated than just to raise the slider:
- in 2K series (after 2k11) you can win the ground just by entering and leaving post mode. For example you can dribble the ball to the 3pt line then you enter into post mode and suddenly you find yourself near the free throw line without any problem. Defense has no tools to stop you at the 3 pt line. The going into post mode animation takes to much space.
- Players model is too big for court size. And if this statement is not true (that players model is too big for court size), than the animations for moving/jumping/stealing are off. If you watch real games, it is not possible that one player can cover so much space in so little time. This problem applies to all -> dribbling, running, entering/leaving post mode, steal animation, escape...

Solution:
1. Tone down ground winning animation for dribbling, running...
2. If the defender stands still in position, there is no way that the attacker can move him from his place.
3. If the attacker hits him outside of the no-offensive-foul space:
- charge foul if attacker uses turbo
- defender stays in place if attacker use normal moves -> attacker should go around the defender to gain ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Online - After patch, charge cheese is reicarnated

I've barely moved and gotten a charge. I thought Mike Mathis was there.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
The Illest Villain

MFDOOMBOT's Arena

OVR: 2

I played a RTTP game this morning and saw the same thing

as Black Jesus, I size up my opponent out at the 3pt line. I give him a quick jab step to which he spams the charge button and I get called for a charge.

I then notice that he's literally walking around pressing O to collect charges, he catches me for 4 of them in less than 5 minutes.

I quickly open up a bottle of my favorite VSOP cognac & with my newfound state of mind, proceed to slowly dribble around his charge-cheese & go on a 20-1 run

be careful out there, charge-cheese landmines everywhere.

@Jermain_Santana
Pro Am Twitter: @RatedSim
Twitch: xDOOMBOTx
Old 12-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #4
Rookie

IDK, I tried it in the post, got knocked down, no call was made gave up a dunk. Tried it again same results. Didn't need to try it no more.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFDOOMBOT
I quickly open up a bottle of my favorite VSOP cognac & with my newfound state of mind, proceed to slowly dribble around his charge-cheese & go on a 20-1 run

be careful out there, charge-cheese landmines everywhere.
Hahaha, great post!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
Rookie

RagazzoKobe's Arena

Who are these people?! Walking around pressing charge button, wow smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »