Home

Sluggish Movement After Patch 3

This is a discussion on Sluggish Movement After Patch 3 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Sluggish Movement After Patch 3

What "improvements" were made to the movement that caused all these issues with Patch 3? The offensive movement is very sluggish now mimicking input delay and I am constantly being forced into a post stance when isolating around a screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this? The ball also acts glitchy in certain situations disappearing for a split second between dribbles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Sluggish Movement After Patch 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
What "improvements" were made to the movement that caused all these issues with Patch 3? The offensive movement is very sluggish now mimicking input delay and I am constantly being forced into a post stance when isolating around a screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this? The ball also acts glitchy in certain situations disappearing for a split second between dribbles.
Sluggish to me as well. My main problem among many is, I'm still doing the same hesitation dribble when I'm about to drive but now its happening even more. To add to that when you pump fake and get a defender in the air and they fall on top of you preventing you from driving. Makes driving to the basket when you got your defender beat a chore. Not to mention the input lag.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-26-2014, 02:37 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Sluggish to me as well. My main problem among many is, I'm still doing the same hesitation dribble when I'm about to drive but now its happening even more. To add to that when you pump fake and get a defender in the air and they fall on top of you preventing you from driving. Makes driving to the basket when you got your defender beat a chore. Not to mention the input lag.

I had no issues with movement or defense pre-patch. I don't understand why they messed with it. They should have focused their energy on rebounding.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls

This. I've been trying to get on here and comment on those two things specifically but my tapatalk app had been crashing nonstop...these two things make me so frustrated because it aids the defense so much. Every time it happens I find myself asking why?

Why would my speedy point guard hesitate when there is no one around him and a clear lane to the rim that's now closed because he hesitated?

Why does my pump fake, that got the defender up in the air, get me nowhere except on the floor?

Or even sometimes the defender lands and recovers before me slamming the turbo button and aiming my guy to the basket even registers...why?

I'll tell ya why. Because the people who actually make the game, specifically those in charge of the movements and animations and such DO NOT watch enough NBA basketball themselves and hence do not understand what happens and what doesn't on the court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #5
Rookie

Seems like everything is moving slower to me period
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
Rookie

ekferio's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung28
Seems like everything is moving slower to me period
Really? Passing is at normal speed now post patch. Only issue I have is dunk animations are still so slow, CPU is able to recover and blocks a lot of time. Their fastbreak speed is still too quick imo.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #7
Rookie

The movement was sluggish before and after patch 3, im not holding my breath but im longing for the responsiveness of 2k13.

I only play online ranked and in my opinion the games unplayable
Old 12-26-2014, 09:29 PM   #8
Just started!

I am just even now performing the identical doubt dribble as soon as I'm just gonna generate but now their happening far more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »