Home

Layups in this game are brutal...

This is a discussion on Layups in this game are brutal... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
Rookie

ccmetz2020's Arena

OVR: 0
Layups in this game are brutal...

I don't know about anyone else here, but the amount of easy layups that are missed in this game is disturbing. If any of you watch Chris Smoove's videos on youtube, you can see for yourself the ridiculously easy layup attempts that these NBA players miss. I don't think it has anything to do with the ratings either. If your player has a driving layup rating in the 70's, he shouldn't be missing layups when there isn't a defender in front of him. I was just playing a game where Cody Zeller missed a layup 6 inches from the basket with his defender behind him... Something isn't right here.

Favorite Teams:

NBA - Chicago Bulls

NCAA -
Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - St.Louis Cardinals

NFL - Green Bay Packers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Layups in this game are brutal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmetz2020
I don't know about anyone else here, but the amount of easy layups that are missed in this game is disturbing. If any of you watch Chris Smoove's videos on youtube, you can see for yourself the ridiculously easy layup attempts that these NBA players miss. I don't think it has anything to do with the ratings either. If your player has a driving layup rating in the 70's, he shouldn't be missing layups when there isn't a defender in front of him. I was just playing a game where Cody Zeller missed a layup 6 inches from the basket with his defender behind him... Something isn't right here.
you should have seen that Lakers game last night lol apparently NBA players don't make layups at the rate many of us think they do.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 10-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Change up how u play man . I love it
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

While I am waiting for the season to start to get my Mygm going with up to date rosters, it's known that this game requires a decent slider set. I'm working on mine, I play 10 min quarters for Mygm, The shooting sliders are getting adjusted, rebounding sliders and the fouls too.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 32

According to Basketball Reference, Cody Zeller missed 56% of his layup attempts last year.

And it's not just guys like him.

Russell Westbrook missed 45.2% of his layups.

Kevin Durant missed 34% of his layups.

Even LeBron James missed 27% of his layups.

You're overestimating how easy it is to make layups in the NBA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
According to Basketball Reference, Cody Zeller missed 56% of his layup attempts last year.

And it's not just guys like him.

Russell Westbrook missed 45.2% of his layups.

Kevin Durant missed 34% of his layups.

Even LeBron James missed 27% of his layups.

You're overestimating how easy it is to make layups in the NBA.
But are these wide open, no defender around layups that seem to be frequently missed in 2K15..

I understand what you're trying to get at, but how many of these missed layups by NBA superstars were actually well defended on the play. (If I had to guess, more than a few)

Edit: Sorry for not being able to use Question Marks, that key doesn't work on my keyboard..
Old 10-13-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
But are these wide open, no defender around layups that seem to be frequently missed in 2K15..

I understand what you're trying to get at, but how many of these missed layups by NBA superstars were actually well defended on the play. (If I had to guess, more than a few)

Edit: Sorry for not being able to use Question Marks, that key doesn't work on my keyboard..
That'd be my question as well. In some of the gameplay videos I've seen, it hasn't been a flat "aw man, so many layups are being missed" feeling. It was often more of a situation where I'd see a player get into the paint and initiate a layup animation that resulted in a very good/great look at the basket, yet because the player may have taken off near a defender (even if the defender is on one's hip or behind), I could tell it was going to register as "contested", thus vastly lowering the make-ability, even if the release was casual and open.

It kind of reminded me of some previous 2K's where a player would initiate a layup animation, would get touch fouled at the free throw line, everyone would stop except for the offensive player, and the continuation would lead to him getting to the basket for a wide-open, point blank layup, except he'd miss it because of a flat "and-1 probability".

Of course, my voice on this particular matter is limited because I am solely relying upon watching gameplay videos as opposed to playing the game myself. It didn't seem to be an egregious situation, but I did notice it.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-13-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:26 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

If I had to guess, you're right, it is more than a few.

But if I had to guess, more than a few of the layups people are upset about missing in NBA 2K15 are more well-defended than they're given credit for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »