Home

Are draft picks being incorporated into these roster updates?

This is a discussion on Are draft picks being incorporated into these roster updates? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2015, 05:44 PM   #9
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Are draft picks being incorporated into these roster updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
For example...how do we replicate what the Cavs just did? They just traded 2 1sts to DEN for Mozgov, and I'm sure those picks are protected in some way, but they should still somehow find their way to DEN...
The 2 picks Denver got belong to Memphis and OKC. The Memphis pick is protected 1-5 and 15-30 this year and in 2016, but only 1-5 in 2017. As Memphis is not likely to miss the playoffs this year or next, it's rather safe to just give Denver Memphis's 2017 1st.

As for OKC, Denver could get that one this year, as its 1-18 protected. If they make the playoffs in the west this year they're likely to be a top 12 team record wise. Otherwise its 1-15 protected next year. So if for some reason they dont have as good a record as Cleveland and are stuck in 8th in the west, or miss the playoffs altogether, then Denver will most likey get it in 2016.

Judging by the strides made in MyLeague this year, I'm feeling pretty confident pick protection will be added in 2k16. How effectively it works we'll see, but I sure hope it is.

Considering how involved Leftos was the first week of the season in correcting the errors in owned draft picks in MyLeague/MyGM, hopefully he can speak as to whether or not these picks as well as the picks from the handful of other trades over the past few weeks will be included this year in an update. I'd have to go look what other picks are missing but I know that these have not been included yet:
-Brooklyn's 2018 2nd to Philadelphia and Cleveland's 2018 2nd to Brooklyn from the Kirilenko trade
-Dallas's 2016 1st to Boston from Rondo trade (Boston only gets it this season if Dallas misses the playoffs but doesnt win a top 3 pick in the lottery) otherwise its only top 7 protected in 2016
-Dallas's 2016 2nd to Boston from Rondo trade
-Houston's 2015 2nd to Philadelphia from Shved trade
-Houston's 2016 2nd to Minnesota from Daniels trade
-Cleveland gets a slightly complicated 2015 2nd in the Mozgov trade. They receive the 2nd rounder of whoever finishes with a better record between Portland and Chicago while Orlando receives the 2nd rounder of whoever finishes with a worse record.

If I remember correctly MyLeague only has up through 2018 picks available but New York also gets Cleveland's 2019 2nd from Waiters trade and Philadelphia gets Brooklyn's 2020 2nd from Kirilenko trade as well

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 01-12-2015, 12:04 PM   #10
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Are draft picks being incorporated into these roster updates?

Did Picks make it in today's roster?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »