Home

Cant find the right differculty and sliders?

This is a discussion on Cant find the right differculty and sliders? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2015, 03:49 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Cant find the right differculty and sliders?

Is any one having a hard time finding a right difficulty and right slider settings? Before the patch came out I was playing close to default simulation pro with just a few small changes and I felt like I was getting good games. Now ever sinces the patch came out I get killed ever game. The lack of finding the right balance has kept me form starting a MYLEAGUE. I play has the lakers so I don't expect things to be easy but no joke I have lost like 15 games in a row on pro and all but 1 game I lost by at least 10 points. Most games I am losing by 15-25. Now even though the lakers suck to be losing ever game and by 15-25 points is not realistic at all.

I have always found NBA 2k games to be very hard has in the past on default pro I would lose by like 20-30 points ever game even though I know a lot about basketball and the nba. This year I found the game to be a lot easier has I was getting good games with out much slider adjustments on pro compared to the past. Now I am finding this game to be a lot harder then before the patch. Before the patch I think all star was more like what is pro after the patch. The reason I fell like the game is harder now then before the patch is because of a few reason.

1. More contact so it is harder to get layups with out contact witch tends to make you miss more. Before the patch I think there wasn't quit enough contact witch was part of why there wasn't enough fouls that and the refs wouldn't call them. Now I fell like after the patch there is a little to much witch means I have to readjust the inside contact and drive contact sliders to find the right balance.

2. NBA 2k games it has always been hard to find a way to get a realistic amount of turnovers but now it fells like after the patch the CPU makes even less mistakes. Before the patch I think the CPU would normal have like 8-10 turnovers now it is even less. Last game I just played CPU had 5 and I have had sever other games post patch where the CPU had like 3-6 turnovers told.

3. This kind of goes with 2 because the CPU just doesn't turn the ball over it makes it so that a lot of games the CPU has a lot more shoot attempts then you. Last game I played the CPU had 5 turnovers and I had 18. Also I am finding that after the patch the CPU is playing passing lanes to good. Last game out of those 18 turnovers 14 where steals and I have already had sever games like that now.

I am just getting frustrated now because the game played great before patch other then not enough free throws. Now that has been fixed but I now cant find the right balance with ever thing and losing ever game by 15-25 is making it to the point where I am just about to give up on this game has it is just not fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 11:03 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Cant find the right differculty and sliders?

Over 100 views but no responses to my question.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:10 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Idk man I can't play below superstar or it's too easy . But to be honest I can't stand playing the cpu. The A.I feels cheap and cheesy.

Tried playing online against other people ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

OVR: 0

Before patch I played two seasons and had fun
now I play one game maybe till the third quarter and quit 2k for the rest of the day
programmers got some audacity ...do they play thr game ? Or just watch it ?
Old 01-08-2015, 12:25 PM   #5
Pro

Adjust the sliders based on what you do best and what you do poorly. Are you terrible at shooting the ball, raise the shot success sliders. Is the CPU putting up too many points in the paint? Decrease Inside, Close, and Layup success sliders. Everyone plays the game differently, that is why we have sliders to tune the game to the player's liking.

I use the 2K11 Simulation sliders because that game was beast and I get good results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouWQgR7F6ug

Remember, it's a video game and realism is an illusion. To make the game a challenge, I recommend tweaking the sliders - they are there for a reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 12:33 PM   #6
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

No one can critique your game without seeing you play but 18 turnovers is high. I have only played on SS against the CPU. I do agree with you about the CPU doesn't get a realistic amount of turnovers, but I can say the same about myself. If you play smart ball you more than likely can make players controlled by you better than they are in real life so it can go both ways.

1. If you run plays a lot there is no way your TO's should be high. So you may have high passing TO's.

2. Do you use icon passing or directional?
Old 01-08-2015, 02:05 PM   #7
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSTLER_79
Before patch I played two seasons and had fun
now I play one game maybe till the third quarter and quit 2k for the rest of the day
programmers got some audacity ...do they play thr game ? Or just watch it ?
It's the same with me post patch. Before the patch I had the perfect slider set and everything worked fine from scoring to defense to competition with the CPU but the set was useless after the patch.

The last few days I tried different Slider sets guys posted on OS and it was either too easy for me to dominate or the CPU took me to school.

The gameplay with the SS sim sliders isn't bad but both teams score too much. I tried lowering shooting success and/or raised the defensive sliders but the game played poorly so I guess I'm sticking with the sim sliders 2k gave us.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #8
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

You got some people on here saying this game is broken and some people on here saying this is one of the greatest sports simulations of all-time. I believe the former either A. Plays mostly online modes / modes that can't use sliders, or B. Hasn't found the right slider set that fits their style. No Slider set is perfect, no slider set works for everyone, but you have to start somewhere and I think I've come up with a pretty solid set. I want you to enter these sliders exactly how I've listed them, and let me know how the game plays for you.

This is my re-imagination of Cycloniac's slider set. This set is made for All-star, but since you said you have struggled why don't you try it on Pro?

Gameplay Settings

Difficulty - All-Star (User Preference)
Quarter Length - 12 Minutes
Fatigue - On
Injuries - On
Shooting Type - Real Player %
FT Shooting Type - Real Player %

Shot Meter - Off
Shot Feedback - Off
Rythym Icons - Off
Pick and Roll Overlay - On

Game Speed - 55