Home

Big Man post play needs a buff...

This is a discussion on Big Man post play needs a buff... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Big Man post play needs a buff...

As is, it's more efficient for a big man to drive than it his to make scoring moves from the post (sans post spin). I'm a beast in the post, it's just driving is more productive, which it obviously shouldn't be, especially for big men.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #2
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Big Man post play needs a buff...

I don't know what they did but my center who has maxed out inside scoring and gold hustle points sig skill is always missing layups inside now. They are wide open layups too, some of them are airballs! It really frustrates me because guards seem to make layups fine while my 7 foot 96 overall center cant score inside at all. It feels like 3 pointers go in more than layups right under the basket. I have no problem scoring in the post just cant score inside.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
Rookie

IDK, it's weird. Like I'll make the craziest spin, euro, or hop layup, with a shot change and heavily defended and I'll go like 90-100% on those layups. But dropsteps, up and unders etc. are hit and miss even when my guy is completely fooled and I'm more open than id have been on a driving layup.

Post play is still relatively easy, it's just not as effective as driving which is the problem. So many red releases on perfect up and under it's not even funny. Meanwhile I've never seen a red release on any driving layup I've attempted.

This is simply a problem for realism's sake.

And before someone asks, max height, max weight, max inside scoring with all the relevant badges in gold, including acrobat. In my 4th year with this particular player.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Yo I can't make a contested layup in the Park. On guys who are 6'6, a center can't make a layup...lol

I just don't finish plays. Period.

Hook shots over smaller guys with an 80 rating? Nope...fades? nope...

I have to continually do the Dream Shake up and unders to get my guy in the air just to score in the post.

-Allen Iverson
Old 01-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

FG% is usually higher on drives than on solo post ups. So in that sense drives ARE better than post-ups.

But certainly Tim Duncan should not shoot a higher FG% on a drive than on a post-up. But solo post-ups are a notoriously inefficient way to shoot, when considered outside the context of the passing opportunities that they do open up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #6
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Wow. Yes. Especially for MC; my bigs get mismatches in the post and can rarely capitalize on them because for they either miss bunnies on spins, drop steps, or straight up backing people down. It's doubly frustrating when my big gets a mouse in the house and he blows a layup or bricks a simple jumper only to watch guys like Samuel Dalembert, Tyson Chandler or Timofey Mozgov turn into the love child of Dirk and Hakeem against strong post defenders.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #7
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Yo I can't make a contested layup in the Park. On guys who are 6'6, a center can't make a layup...lol

I just don't finish plays. Period.

Hook shots over smaller guys with an 80 rating? Nope...fades? nope...

I have to continually do the Dream Shake up and unders to get my guy in the air just to score in the post.
Hooks have release points , have u learned the one for your player yet? If not its user error. Nothing is given to you in this game

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 01-09-2015, 06:54 PM   #8
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Not sure what you guys are playing. I'm a beast in the post on mycareer and in regular games as well.

In fact, I feel like post play is a little over powered. Fade aways and step backs are just straight up cheese in this game. Defense matters very little on them.

I've always felt like simply hooks were very inconsistent in this game though.

But yea, seems like using shimmies or any other double move results in two easy points for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »