Home

2K16 Shot Meter

This is a discussion on 2K16 Shot Meter within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you want to see with the Shot/FT meter in 2K16
Leave it as is, it works fine. 135 33.83%
Don't show the fill, but use the meter to show timing feedback after shot release. 96 24.06%
Remove the meter completely from the game. 143 35.84%
Other (post your comments) 25 6.27%
Voters: 399. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2015, 01:36 AM   #265
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
2K16 Shot Meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
That's called running a play. You should still know players release or you might as well be playing coach mode
At no point did he, or anyone in that camp, say that you don't have to know release. Or that timing shouldn't have a significant effect. The point is that, in the end, the timing overrides everything else completely and that's wrong.

Quote:
The bottom line is the shot meter was made for people that don't want to learn the game or a claim they don't have time to practice. Same with auto shop contesting and defense of assist. Everything that require some kind of skill was given a mechanic to make it easy and basic for a caveman. These are just some of the things needed when you try to appeal to a larger casual fan base
That's kind of a narrow assumption you're making. Many more of the cerebral players don't want to have to press a button to do something they think should be a basic reflex. Not all of the people that value the deep, X and O side of the game have the stick skills, yet that knowledge gets watered down. On the other side, you have a 8 year that can time his release to the frame, and he's not punished at all for just running around like an idiot and chucking 3s. Are you OK with this? There's nothing wrong with auto-shot contest. And many people don't even use defensive assist because it's defaulted off, and they don't bother going into those menus. Regardless, BOTH of those options can be completely toggled. This can't. All you can do is either hide it or not.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 06-26-2015 at 09:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2015, 03:39 AM   #266
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K16 Shot Meter

Lol just played a Rockets user that shot 10-20 from 3.

He had 31 with Harden and shot 7-13 from 3 with him. Dude would literally just bring the ball up the court make one pass to Harden and then shoot a 3 right in my face. I couldn't really do anything either because he had everyone's release mastered.

I knew dude was getting perfect releases too because he would pause the game before every shot went in. This is what's so pathetic about the shot meter. If someone has a player's release mastered you're basically at there mercy. No skill needed just zig-zag until you get an open shot smh.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:26 AM   #267
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Lol just played a Rockets user that shot 10-20 from 3.

He had 31 with Harden and shot 7-13 from 3 with him. Dude would literally just bring the ball up the court make one pass to Harden and then shoot a 3 right in my face. I couldn't really do anything either because he had everyone's release mastered.

I knew dude was getting perfect releases too because he would pause the game before every shot went in. This is what's so pathetic about the shot meter. If someone has a player's release mastered you're basically at there mercy. No skill needed just zig-zag until you get an open shot smh.
I had some1 doing the same with Klay Thompson and he went 8/10 from 3pt (not single wide open).

It's only defendable if you have good defender (like J.Butler) on the shooter .

Last edited by Vroman; 06-27-2015 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:54 AM   #268
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
I had some1 doing the same with Klay Thompson and he went 8/10 from 3pt (not single wide open).

It's only defendable if you have good defender (like J.Butler) on the shooter .
its only dependable if you play on ball defense. CPU defense got neutared in 2k12
Old 06-27-2015, 07:59 AM   #269
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
its only dependable if you play on ball defense. CPU defense got neutared in 2k12
Its all on ball, but there are some people mastered release and timing when to catch and shoot with perfection. If its all guy doing than yea you can off ball close guard klay and aticipate it, but if he's master with iso/pnr with curry as well and you have to watch that too then there is nothing you can do.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:58 AM   #270
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Its all on ball, but there are some people mastered release and timing when to catch and shoot with perfection. If its all guy doing than yea you can off ball close guard klay and aticipate it, but if he's master with iso/pnr with curry as well and you have to watch that too then there is nothing you can do.
turn off LT shot contest an do everything manually. works 90% of the time
Old 06-27-2015, 01:38 PM   #271
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
I play On-Ball defense, manually contest all shots and it still happened to me.

And I still run into plenty of off-ball zone users who hide on their big men and let the CPU contest all my shots on the perimeter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2015, 01:31 AM   #272
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
No one know how NBA Live shooting mechanics will play out so to say 2k should imitate something that has yet to be played or proven is ridiculous. The shooting mechanic should be complicated because the current incarnation is too simplistic.

Not it shouldn't be and no it is not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »