Home

this is something that i CANT STAND about 2k...

This is a discussion on this is something that i CANT STAND about 2k... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 02:31 PM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
this is something that i CANT STAND about 2k...

this will probably be marked as flaming and w/e but i just need to get this off my chest.

but it seems like all 2k cares about is the money. they have become the new EA. and i remember EA getting flamed for this back in the day but it seems like 2k is getting a pass for this.

why am i making this topic? lets look at some of 2ks recent moves,

- fixing the INF. VC Glitch in RECORD time.
- Removing the 25k MTP in my team for completing sets. and in return, giving you Cards that will probably never see the court BUT you cant sell either.

and lets not forget they did something like this last year as well, when they slashed the rewards for Mygm and i think something else

i mean why is the game economy more important than the GAMEPLAY of the game? i mean i can name a whole bunch of glaring problems with this game but we have enough topics about that. but just to name a few that we have had since DAY ONE (or zero)

- Regression Issue
Really? after the age of 26 or 28 players no longer can ball out?

- GAME CHAT inMYPARK.
i havent heard ANYONE in game chat in games since the 6th of october. its the 4th of feburary bruh......

- the LAG
you really cant here and tell me the best selling sports games besides maybe FIFA, has the worse servers in video gaming today and CANT be fixed. even by your "BEst Programers"

-Non BBALL moves /BBALL moves used the wrong way being exploited for aWin.

i dont need to get into this, again we have more than enough topics.

like come on. we have to think now. where is 2k heart set at? at being a cash grab game thats stingy when it comes to money. ot a game trying to put out the best sim ball out there. and before anyone can say, "Patches and updates for those takes time."

its been almost half a year.

again, im not being a troll, im not trying to cause problems. im just being real. if this gets removed, its w/e. but i just had to get that off my chest.

havea good day

Last edited by Ownal0t; 02-04-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: this is something that i CANT STAND about 2k...

I'm with you bruh. Unfortunately, the only way to send them a message is to not purchase their products.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #3
Pro

I doubt it'll change until EA or some other developer puts out an nba game with similar modes that isn't complete crap. A monopoly is never a good thing.

Unfortunately, judging by the past 10 or so nba live games, it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

I think you will be surprised with how far they have come with Live this year. The game is surprisingly competent but will make a real leap next year if this years progress is any indication. True competition is just around the corner and it will breed better products!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:10 PM   #5
Banned

Businesses are created to make money....so whenever I see complaints like this, I sort of giggle.

That's not to say you don't make some good points. But the "they only care about money" stuff really comes across as hyperbole.

In-game purchases aren't going anywhere...which is fine.

Personally, I feel like with the attention put on in-app/game purchases that the RETAIL price of the game should come down. But I suspect that the price stays at $60 more because of PlayStation/Sony and big box stores than 2K.

While there is stuff that absolutely drives me nuts about this game, let's be honest - it's the BEST basketball game anyone has ever created. And one of the best sports games ever created...

There is ONE aspect where 2K is completely dropping the ball though - and that is with their SERVERS.

The lag isn't as bad as it was...but compared to other games, it's without a doubt SUBPAR.

I think you just have to look at things in context.

2K isn't doing anything different than any other business would. The fact that they prioritize and FIX problems that immediately COST them MONEY isn't a surprise. It's SOP...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2015, 06:38 PM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Cool...but no need to start a thread to complain again
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »