Home

the New Park is aS GOOD as OURS

This is a discussion on the New Park is aS GOOD as OURS within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2015, 06:52 PM   #33
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: the New Park is aS GOOD as OURS

That's literally like 80% of the online population, and definitely all affiliations. I've lost to people on the park that basically if our 3rd member would of played like they had 2 thumbs, we would have won easily. Instead, they are usually the PG and absolutely love driving on 3 guys to get it blocked and then give up 3's on the other end. That's not because of their affiliations, it's because the majority of the gaming community are Sportscenter Top 10 watchers and think that posterizing dunks and 3's are the only shots in basketball.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:44 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

The best part about it, for me at least, is that I called it since we found out about the affiliations in the trailer: Flyers would attract the best players, and everyone on my friends list can vouch for that. I mean sure, you have your crap players in every affiliation, but the most team oriented and defensive minded people would come to the Flyers.

I knew the Ballers would get the most jackers, and the Rough Riders would get the people that wanted to drive on 5 people with Posterizer. The Ballers had the advantage at first because, prior to the patch, defense completely sucked. Once defense was finally improved, we basically took over the Rival Day War.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:53 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGFLUENT
My PSN is YOUNGFLUENT and I am the highest rep for Old Town Flyers on the PS4 and I am glad we finally won. Throughout the whole tournament I kind of felt like the score for each round wasn't really accurate. From my experience, I felt like the Flyers always had the best players. Anyways, I am glad it is over with and I am excited to see what the new park is going to look like. Now that the tournament is over, do you guys think they should remove the whole affiliations? I have friends who are on different parks and I never really get a chance to play with them on the REC Center/Park unless it's at the Stage/High Rollers. There is really no point of having park affiliations if they aren't going to do another tournament.

Nice to read from you here! I always envy you when I see your name as you must have had a golden squad for the rec pretty much since day one. I also think you're a funny guy looking at your mustache. What's your position by the way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 02:59 PM   #36
Rookie

https://twitter.com/iratedgaming7/st...99840114331648

Proof I was an OTF for 3 months before my friends made me switch to SBB, glad I switched over before the last round started
Old 02-12-2015, 02:47 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Once I found other people who actually knew how to play basketball (passing and ball movements and communication) it really didn't matter where or who we played. I'm a baller, and the only negative I had with some flyers was just the constant spamming of the steal button but aside from that it was fine.
But idk how Rivet City ever won, playing there is the easiest thing ever.
And lag wise the only time lag was ever a real issue was playing against rough riders
NBA- Los Angeles Clippers
MLB- Miami Marlins
NFL- New York Jets
NCAAF- Duke Blue Devils
NHL- Carolina Hurricanes
Old 02-12-2015, 05:07 AM   #38
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

The real struggle was never playing against the affiliation boosts, it was finding a pair of teammates who played team ball. And hoping that the opponent wasn't a trio of ally-oop spamming, zig-zagging, steal button-mashing legends.

Old 02-12-2015, 07:54 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFurr29
Once I found other people who actually knew how to play basketball (passing and ball movements and communication) it really didn't matter where or who we played. I'm a baller, and the only negative I had with some flyers was just the constant spamming of the steal button but aside from that it was fine.
But idk how Rivet City ever won, playing there is the easiest thing ever.
And lag wise the only time lag was ever a real issue was playing against rough riders
keep in mind that there are more servers - and other consoles - out there. I mean, I'm a RR and on the servers i play on (I suppose it's western europe or something, mostly germans, spaniards, french and fellow italians) for me and my squad going to sunset beach was literally a warm up to get a few easy wins before going to old town and actually have fun with some competitive games. but then again, I knew/know that there are better ballers out there, that the numbers weren't in our favor and most riders suck, so even if we had a high winning percentage and most losses came at the rec center against rivet city teams (every time I go there it's literally 70-80% riders) I knew that we could win some, but in the long run we didn't stand a chance.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:55 AM   #40
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Day 1 Flyer here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »