Home

Teammate Shot Forms and Situation Shot Probabilities Bugged? (Not a Complaint Thread)

This is a discussion on Teammate Shot Forms and Situation Shot Probabilities Bugged? (Not a Complaint Thread) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2015, 12:15 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Teammate Shot Forms and Situation Shot Probabilities Bugged? (Not a Complaint Thread)

THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT THREAD about HOF. I just came off a double digit win streak in MC as is apparent in my YT series. I know how to do well in the mode. This is a discussion about certain situation issues with shot probability and certain players having bugged shot forms where they do 10x better simmed then when they are on your team or even when you are playing them. We shut out Thompson who shot 20% from the arch and continued to zig zag for the shots like his tendencies were screwed up.

I always felt this way about certain players like Wall and Westbrook to name a few. Even when I played with Wall in the All-Star game he simply COULD NOT MISS. I was getting assists off shot clock beaters with three hands in his face. The also seems to be apparent with certain players like Westly Matthews and even Paul George at times where they just cannot hit threes. P George will slash great, hit awesome fade aways, but will struggle to shoot over 15-20% from down town while Westbrook will shoot 80% half contested and the other half forcing him into them to double team someone hot.

My player has no issue hitting his shots and playing amazing but it just seems like passing out of a double team leads to a miss especially if it's a three. But I am not complaining, I think there is an issue with the back end calculation. While some release forms are prone to more shots going in (this is borderline proven with different shot form selecting for your character) I also think there is an increase in probability when there is certain movement on the floor. For example, simply passing out of a double team for an open three leads to miss, but if I execute a smart play that has the teammate fake cut to the basket then take a step back to get open, he will hit the shot. I also noticed passing out of a double team to someone in the post--even if there is NO ONE in front of them--they will go for a weird open layup animation and simply miss. But if a play is running out and I am double teamed then pass to that player he will sink the shot.

I also noticed an issue where if the CPU is caught in the walk animation, if he slides around you with it and takes a shot because he is open he will ALWAYS miss. I seriously think something in the back end is not registering right.

Again, this is not a complaint thread, I just want to know if anyone is facing weird issues like this. I am not talking about players missing open shots. We score fine, win a lot and I don't want to win every game. It's not fun that way. However, if we are clearly out playing the other team but back end calculations are buggy--I think it should be addressed. Similar to how we are always beat on second chance points by 8-15 points and offensive rebounds. There is something odd going on in the back that is causing weird shot selections, make probabilities and reactions that are likely due to a mix of tendencies and what the game is recognizing as an open shot. Or could simply be the game's way of nerfing you if you are dominating too hard to make their double teams feel like more pressure than it is?

Thoughts?

Last edited by Crookid; 02-10-2015 at 12:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »