Home

Dimer Badge and the Shooting Meter in NBA 2K15

This is a discussion on Dimer Badge and the Shooting Meter in NBA 2K15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Dimer Badge and the Shooting Meter in NBA 2K15

Nice article.

I'd rather we just get rid of badges entirely, and give guys certain ratings.

The badges are too murky, and too limited by being bronze/silver/gold. Instead, just give us attributes:

Spot up jumper
Pull-up jumper
Resistance to challenge (could be easily developed based on SportVU data of FG% and defender proximity)
Standing Dunk
Alley-oop finishing ability (i.e. ability to catch and complete lobs)
Driving dunk
Screening ability (this is a pet peeve--basically all guys are equally good screeners unless they have a badge, which is silly.)
etc.

I have no idea who's a better dunker--a guy with 85 dunk ratings and posterizer badge or a guy with 95 dunk ratings and no badge.

And while we're at it, ditch these hotspots as well--instead break the court down into the same number of bins and give us numerical ratings for shooting ability from each "area" on the court.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:08 PM   #10
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I figured this out with Dimer vs open shots (well not nearly as detailed a month ago.) from playing so many rec games.

But I'm not understanding why zig zag is pretty effective compared to the traditional method of open threes
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 02-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I figured this out with Dimer vs open shots (well not nearly as detailed a month ago.) from playing so many rec games.

But I'm not understanding why zig zag is pretty effective compared to the traditional method of open threes
The players most effective at zig usually have Deadeye and/or dribble badges that cause on-ball "slips", effectively nerfing quality defense.

Not to mention Volume Shooter which REWARDS bad shot selection. As I state in my post, there are twice as many players with this dumb badge than there are with Dimer.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 09:05 PM   #12
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Still laughing at Marco Belinelli having Posterizor. Come on 2k...
Old 02-12-2015, 09:31 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
Be careful what you wish for. The Warriors are a cheese team because Curry/Klay are 90s 3pt shooters with Gold Deadeye. Giving that badge out en masse is a recipe for disaster. Just like open jump shots should drop, contested ones should likewise miss (otherwise what's the point of playing defense?).
That's a good point, but on HOF Sim damn near everything is contested. That's part of the reason I think there are so many missed "open" shots on that difficulty. I don't play against users, but is the zig-zag cheese as effective on HOF Sim?

Last edited by TheEmperor2001; 02-12-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:53 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmperor2001
That's a good point, but on HOF Sim damn near everything is contested. That's part of the reason I think there are so many missed "open" shots on that difficulty. I don't play against users, but is the zig-zag cheese as effective on HOF Sim?
The only difference between HoF and SS is buffed CPU ratings (shooting, defense, etc).
The badges boosts are fixed - they're the same at every difficulty level. That makes them even more crucial to HoF success. Consequently, Zig zag should still be more efficient than moving the ball.

We have also yet to factor that it's wayyyyyy easier to turn the ball over passing it than it is dancing around on the perimeter.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 02-13-2015, 08:27 AM   #15
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
The only difference between HoF and SS is buffed CPU ratings (shooting, defense, etc).
The badges boosts are fixed - they're the same at every difficulty level. That makes them even more crucial to HoF success. Consequently, Zig zag should still be more efficient than moving the ball.

We have also yet to factor that it's wayyyyyy easier to turn the ball over passing it than it is dancing around on the perimeter.
Because the force on the ball is so strong at times and is literally stuck to ball handlers at the Rec like a yo-yo. These guys do 100 dribble moves and most of the time either the ball or the ball handler go right through my body giving the offensive player an advantage smh.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 09:04 AM   #16
Banned

Dimer in mycareer is a complete waste of time. Team mates are so inconsistent with wide open shots, that it can't realistically be having any impact. It would be impossible for a lot of them to shoot too much lower without having to retire from the game, so it's not possible to measure this.

I'm sure with the CPU opponent team mates, there would be a difference. So like everything in this game this year, it only really matters if it works in the park.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »