Home

Best team for my player?

This is a discussion on Best team for my player? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2015, 11:08 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best team for my player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAxSteff
I just remembered that Millsap is a free agent in offseason is that right? If he leaves that would be a huge point against the hawks i think.
Plus you seem to be not really happy with the hawks.

The other options are two different setups.

Grizzlies: very good team, but randolph is quite old, gonna decrease soon if not already. Lee´s 95 3pt is really good but will he be on the court with you?

Pelicans: Only mediocre Team overall, but long term partner in AD on a superstar level. You could rise with the Team and bring New Orleans a Championship. On the other Hand some teammates could make you raging at least on HOF.

So i think Pelicans would be more fun on SS definitely, but maybe too frustrating on HOF.

Final suggestion: Pelicans and try what Difficulty you can bear in terms of frustration to have the most fun.
If I went to grizzlies I would hope lee would start at either 2 or 3 (wherever they don't put me) but most likely tony Allen will be starting (ugh) and he's bad offensively. And there's a couple other players that may be playing ahead of him so now I think about it he prob won't be a factor. I checked their ages and actually the whole team is quite old, as you said Randolph is 33, Allen is 33, vince carter is 38 (lol).

Milsap is a huge part of the hawks and they would lose a lot inside without him. Plus as I mentioned earlier it would feel very unrealistic doc rivers taking over their coach's job.

I agree with you about pelicans. No team in the league can offer to play with a player like him. "This fall, I am taking my talents to the big easy and play with the New Orleans pelicans."
Old 02-16-2015, 12:40 PM   #10
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

I just started a Hawks file (PG). They have me starting at SG, so it is: Teague, Me, Korver, Milsap and Horford as starters. The starting line-up is all in the 80's OVR and the entire bench is in the 70's.

I'm having a blast in the first season. v We are battling for the 3rd-5th spot in the conference.

Edit: It is unrealistic for Doc to go anywhere - his deal with the Clippers is too good to move. So if that is bothering you, go to the Clippers to begin, then get traded to the team of your choice later.

Last edited by Taer; 02-16-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
I just started a Hawks file (PG). They have me starting at SG, so it is: Teague, Me, Korver, Milsap and Horford as starters. The starting line-up is all in the 80's OVR and the entire bench is in the 70's.

I'm having a blast in the first season. v We are battling for the 3rd-5th spot in the conference.

Edit: It is unrealistic for Doc to go anywhere - his deal with the Clippers is too good to move. So if that is bothering you, go to the Clippers to begin, then get traded to the team of your choice later.
All I'm concerned about is him taking over another good coaches job
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 10:47 PM   #12
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

Bro I played on the pelicans as a 6'10" SF Kevin Durant type... AD was nothing like his real life counter part. He scored in the 20's once after I joined the team, and he averaged 21 when I got there. His numbers slowly delclined I did everything to get him involved but he just couldnt score buckets. Holliday was good at times, Bit of a ball hog tho. My guys was a beast, but the lack of a dominant AD made it frustrating, so I left for GS lol!

Love, Live, Life and always game!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:50 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket205
Bro I played on the pelicans as a 6'10" SF Kevin Durant type... AD was nothing like his real life counter part. He scored in the 20's once after I joined the team, and he averaged 21 when I got there. His numbers slowly delclined I did everything to get him involved but he just couldnt score buckets. Holliday was good at times, Bit of a ball hog tho. My guys was a beast, but the lack of a dominant AD made it frustrating, so I left for GS lol!
hmm... Did you start your my player before his ratings were bumped up? Was he not dominant on defense? Maybe I should reconsider for grizzlies
Old 03-04-2015, 03:17 AM   #14
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazshepherd
hmm... Did you start your my player before his ratings were bumped up? Was he not dominant on defense? Maybe I should reconsider for grizzlies
Yes, but I believe it had something to do with the settings I was using... At first I was using Superstar/Default... I switched to Allstar/Sim and things got way better! Give the pelicans a go... Im all for building something special from scratch... I think I might redo my SF with the new settings and play with AD again lol!

Love, Live, Life and always game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »