Home

How does Freelance work this year? I want to replicate what's in this real life video

This is a discussion on How does Freelance work this year? I want to replicate what's in this real life video within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2015, 06:21 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
How does Freelance work this year? I want to replicate what's in this real life video

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h...pelicans_sport

What do I have to do to get the CPU to play like this with their pick-and-rolls? Look at how Dallas rarely runs any actual set plays for their screen-roll game; they just use the big men nearest to the ballhandler to set a screen once they bring the ball up if they don't have anything in transition. It's basically the real life version of freelance, but there's no Set Pick, Use Pick, etc. tendencies anymore.

Should I have Dallas' team settings like:

-Offensive Focus: Pick-and-Roll Offense
-Offensive Tempo: Patient Offense
-Run Plays: 25 or lower

And have Touches something like:

Monta Ellis: 85 (focusing on him as the main ballhandler just for the sake of simplicity, since he's also the main backcourt scorer)
Dirk Nowitzki: 50 (top play type = P&R Roll Man)
Tyson Chandler: 35 (top play type = P&R Roll Man)

Another problem I've had, speaking of the latter two players. Dirk sets a whole lot of picks, so his Touches should be kinda high, but Dallas doesn't really run a whole lot of other set plays for him (since he can get shots just because he's a great shooter at the PF position).

So sometimes, with his touches being high enough to get him to set a lot of screens, he also gets plays from other play types called for him, whereas in real life, he can go a whole quarter without getting one non-P&R play call IRL.

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 02-18-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »