Home

Next years Isomotion

This is a discussion on Next years Isomotion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2015, 04:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Next years Isomotion

How do you guys think isomotion will continue to evolve or should evolve in future iterations? I'm hoping that feathering the stick back and forth leads to quicker more secure sizeups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Hehmke22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Next years Isomotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiserbk
How do you guys think isomotion will continue to evolve or should evolve in future iterations? I'm hoping that feathering the stick back and forth leads to quicker more secure sizeups.
I honestly really enjoyed the isomotion from NBA 2k11 and 2k12. Having all dribbles mapped to left stick and right stick shooting felt natural.

But I have enjoyed 2k15, Maybe they could adjust something with left trigger and shooting stick. I have thrown passes accidentally and sometime shoot when trying to isomotion off right stick for dribbling.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:32 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehmke22
I honestly really enjoyed the isomotion from NBA 2k11 and 2k12. Having all dribbles mapped to left stick and right stick shooting felt natural.

But I have enjoyed 2k15, Maybe they could adjust something with left trigger and shooting stick. I have thrown passes accidentally and sometime shoot when trying to isomotion off right stick for dribbling.
They do have the three options for the right stick: default, iso/shot, shot/iso.

I like where the thought process is headed, but the animations not flowing together and the ridiculous amount of delay when trying to string things together is frustrating.

Also things like size-up, which I love, should be based purely on breaking down defenders and only influence shots or drives if timed correctly. I hate the fact that changing a size-up and not using it will change my shot or how I layup/dunk.

You should pick your size-up, use it when you want and if you see your opponent faulting from it at the correct time to break your opponents ankles I can see going harder to the hoop, same goes with shooting. But just equipping it and having it impact me annoys me. Hell, before 92'93 or 95'96 Jordan doesn't even have one.

I see them going with packages. When the game first began I simply copied LeBron's Hesi/Iso's/Size-up, but have since evolved way beyond that. I still tinker with them daily trying to find the best fit for me, although I am very comfortable now, I will probably find the perfect setup by 2k16.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh

Last edited by Near5253; 03-02-2015 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #4
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

I like how it is now but a lot of the animations certain players have don't flow well. I like dribbling with Kyle Lowry because I think his basic animations flow well.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
I like how it is now but a lot of the animations certain players have don't flow well. I like dribbling with Kyle Lowry because I think his basic animations flow well.
Conley is great as well. I tried to replicate it, but he is left handed, so it was impossible to do.

PG: CP3, John Wall, Kyrie
SG:Klay Thompson, D.Wade, Kobe
SF: LBJ, Melo, PGeorge
PF: Blake, Aldridge, Duncan
C: '06 Shaq, Cousins, Bosh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 11:31 PM   #6
Banned

It's not bad...I think a little more control or a few more options would be nice.

The size-up idea is a good one...I'd like to maybe even see more size up options...not sure how.

I've always felt the spins were a little clunky...

And they need to quit slacking and give some of the historic players size-up moves. It sucks when really great historic ball handlers don't have it....only a few do. Honestly, it ruins some of the legends for me in MyTeam...I mean Pete Maravich doesn't have a size-up move? Mark Price...? The list could go on and on...

The size-ups are already in the game...just give them one. It doesn't have to be perfectly historically accurate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »