Home

So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts?

This is a discussion on So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 10:42 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So how long will 2K continue to deny 3rd quarter momentum shifts?

I been playing myteam . Last week i got torched by 3 point bombers . I play user on ball defense, no defense assist , no rebound assist, manual shot contest, just bare bone user D .

My main gripe was catch and shooters where cpu sags off and yeah the back n forth across the 3 line cheesers. I was getting my hands up on shots , even double teaming but still splash everywhere

Got dismantled on a 6 game losing streak 7th seed all 3s and was seriously thinking of trading it in even if for only 5 bucks i was so heated. then something clicked literrally .. i properly learned how to close out on shooters Where i thought i was before i wasnt.

On a 4 game win streak now all the final scores ended up the same except 1.

As far as "comeback code" dont know.. but its def something holding me back from blowing it open . Blew wayyyy too many dunks with drummond and constant no calls in the paint.

The last dude had cp3 curry and melo but ended up maining aaron Brooks for 18 until i shut him down too in OT

Dont know yet if what im doing works until i get back to online ranked. Will update later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 10:48 PM   #402
Rookie

TheBallGuru's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitdabull

My main gripe was catch and shooters where cpu sags off

I hear you on this lol def one of the most frustrating things in 2K no one ever talks about.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:58 PM   #403
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
EDIT:For the record I'm done commenting here, Mods might as well go ahead and shut this one down, not sure how this joke of a thread went 50 pages after Beluba already confirmed there is no comeback code...this thread is now being used for nothing but pettiness and shallow insults.
Yep....the ultimate fate of any of these types of threads. The topic itself just seems to invite personal attacks no matter what game or sport.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2015, 02:11 PM   #404
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

EDIT:For the record I'm done commenting here, Mods might as well go ahead and shut this one down, not sure how this joke of a thread went 50 pages after Beluba already confirmed there is no comeback code...this thread is now being used for nothing but pettiness and shallow insults.[/quote]

That is precisely what you have been doing the entire thread with the gifs, my man. We're just tryna find the source and/or solution to the problem we are experiencing with the game. That's all. Your condescending gifs were entirely unnecessary. You clearly aren't experincing the issue like us, great! Move along. Your sliders may have muted them or something, IDK. I tried them, they're nice! Beluba said that there isn't any "comeback AI", and I believe him. But there is something going on with momentum late in games. It may just be the arbitrary way the "runs" are manufactured. Anyway, hopefully the issues expressed by us here get this looked at and tweaked or at least explained so that we know how it works in the future.

Last edited by Junior Moe; 05-01-2015 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #405
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
That is precisely what you have been doing the entire thread with the gifs, my man. We're just tryna find the source and/or solution to the problem we are experiencing with the game. That's all. Your condescending gifs were entirely unnecessary. You clearly aren't experincing the issue like us, great! Move along. Your sliders may have muted them or something, IDK. I tried them, they're nice! Beluba said that there isn't any "comeback AI", and I believe him. But there is something going on with momentum late in games. It may just be the arbitrary way the "runs" are manufactured. Anyway, hopefully the issues expressed by us here get this looked at and tweaked or at least explained so that we know how it works in the future.

^^ Can't agree more.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:57 PM   #406
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBallGuru
I hear you on this lol def one of the most frustrating things in 2K no one ever talks about.
2K purposely made the users CPU teammates dumb to appease the whiners that play online. They did this to promote more onball defense by the user during h2h play, which is completely stupid.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #407
Rookie

Am I the only that never noticed anything like this?
And I played a lot a FIFA too this year, which is really horrible how the game decides the winner before the kick in.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:46 PM   #408
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis94
Am I the only that never noticed anything like this?
And I played a lot a FIFA too this year, which is really horrible how the game decides the winner before the kick in.

I've definitely noticed big runs and momentum shifts, but I don't let it bother me because I think they both take place in real life.

The ratings boosts for hot players are a bit exaggerated, but I can deal with it. I have a guy on my team with an 88 3PT rating that jumps all the way up to 97 once he makes a few.
That seems overdone, but what are some better ways to replicate a guy being in the zone?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »