Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-25-2015, 04:05 PM   #609
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now, Primarily Addresses Shoe Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
This still sounds promising to me DJ. Thanks for your impressions. I strictly play on ball defense and switch to whomever the ball is passed to. I also use the Sixers so it should hopefully still be challenging to win regardless..lol. I'm a little nervous that some are saying it's even tougher to control your guy on defense as I felt my guy was constantly moving or re-adjusting before patch 4.

To you, CaseIH, etc: Doyou feel that you guys have better control of your guy on offense? Did they reduce automations (animations that often take too long to carry out leaving you out of control) and shorten up the animations so you have a little more control when moving with the ball?
The player movement does seem more fluid; you'll still get stuck in animations but they don't feel as drawn out now. That could be another reason why playing defense has changed in that before you were almost guarding against the animation than you were the player; now you've got to really play the man.

I may have to try on-ball defense (I said off-ball earlier but spoke wrong) to see if that helps (I think it will).

I am still loving this game and at the end of the day if I have to adjust a couple of sliders to get the shooting percentages back to where they were before the patch, that's not a big deal to me.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-25-2015, 04:14 PM   #610
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Okay, I have to say this because what I'm seeing is so far off from what others have claimed. On my PC version I can lower the close, midrange, and 3 PT sliders to 0, get green releases and STILL brick with an F shot quality with Klay Thompson. There is an entire range of 0-50 to work with on each of those to find a sweet spot for offline play. I fail to see how this is broken and unfixable.

I'm perfectly capable of posting video showing F brick after F brick with good releases if anyone wants.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:19 PM   #611
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Okay, I have to say this because what I'm seeing is so far off from what others have claimed. On my PC version I can lower the close, midrange, and 3 PT sliders to 0, get green releases and STILL brick with an F shot quality with Klay Thompson. There is an entire range of 0-50 to work with on each of those to find a sweet spot for offline play. I fail to see how this is broken and unfixable.

I'm perfectly capable of posting video showing F brick after F brick with good releases if anyone wants.
Yeah you are looking at it from a user vs. CPU offline. If you play mycareer you cannot edit sliders so they are basically stuck having a game that shooting gets way out of hand. MyPlayer is the most popular mode or it was. So it is not fixable in that sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 04:28 PM   #612
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Yeah you are looking at it from a user vs. CPU offline. If you play mycareer you cannot edit sliders so they are basically stuck having a game that shooting gets way out of hand. MyPlayer is the most popular mode or it was. So it is not fixable in that sense.
Yeah, you definitely have a point there. But people seemed to be acting like the entire offline experience was broken.

I do feel for those who want to play a realistic career.
Old 03-25-2015, 04:34 PM   #613
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
This still sounds promising to me DJ. Thanks for your impressions. I strictly play on ball defense and switch to whomever the ball is passed to. I also use the Sixers so it should hopefully still be challenging to win regardless..lol. I'm a little nervous that some are saying it's even tougher to control your guy on defense as I felt my guy was constantly moving or re-adjusting before patch 4.

To you, CaseIH, etc: Doyou feel that you guys have better control of your guy on offense? Did they reduce automations (animations that often take too long to carry out leaving you out of control) and shorten up the animations so you have a little more control when moving with the ball?

I would say offensively you have more control than on D for sure. The 1 ssue with offense I have is wen you pass the ball to a guy he slides all over the place, so where you passed to him at the elbw, he might be at the 3pt line once he secures the ball,lol. That's really th eonly offensive control issue I see since this patch.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 03-25-2015, 04:47 PM   #614
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme

I understand not having sliders available with the online connectivity aspect of MyCAREER, but they really should make sliders available for the offline version....
Old 03-25-2015, 06:16 PM   #615
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I understand not having sliders available with the online connectivity aspect of MyCAREER, but they really should make sliders available for the offline version....
Yup and it's absolutely ridiculous that this hasn't been implemented yet...that was one thing that played a huge factor in me getting this game for the PC was the ability to use sliders in the MyCareer mode...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2015, 06:33 PM   #616
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I tweaked a few sliders and the game is kicking *** as usual. Just had to make some minor adjustments.

Best 2K since 2K11....hands down. And probably my favorite basketball game ever.
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)
Coming soon:
CFB 25 (PS5)
Madden 25 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »