Home

Something is Different…(MyPark 2v2)

This is a discussion on Something is Different…(MyPark 2v2) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2015, 08:57 AM   #1
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Something is Different…(MyPark 2v2)

Hey gents I don’t post much on the 2K side of OS often more just reading, my friend and I are fairly experienced in this game and we boast +150 records. However as of late we have really been struggling in 2v2, our 3v3 team as far as I know is likely still in good shape for wins as usual but I don’t know because we haven’t played over the weekend.

My question is the lag in 2v2 for us has been horrible, meters lagging through (got so bad for a while I had to change my release to adjust, I don’t watch it for shots I just check after for feedback). The main issue is it ‘’feels’’ like I’m lagging worse than my opponent, my player over compensates when I move left to right vs ball handlers and I can’t recover, the controls are so unresponsive and/or delayed my perimeter defense is laughable. On rebounds if the defense swipes just ‘’once’’ whether it’s me (PG Lvl 16/17 playmaker) or him and the ball is poked loose the majority of the time for a steal off a single swipe (this has probably been the most frustrating part as we can’t even immediately pass after landing off the rebound because it’s poked loose that quit), if we swipe at the ball it’s a foul, or nothing happens in our favor.

For a while I thought it was just 2K being 2K, but I wanna say we lost maybe 10 straight when we normally can win 5, 6, or more at times straight before a loss. He’s a 7’3 340lb C, and he’s collected all the badges (that help out defensively) but his MP is getting dunked on like there is no tomorrow lately, I’ve never seen it so bad, we can’t hedge out and cut off ball handlers in help defense, and with the lag our shooting has been below it’s normal efficiency.

On top of that teams aren’t missing lay-ups even when contact is generated, or we’re both in position to contest the shots getting hands up and ‘’good shot defense’’ grades and guys are draining them in our faces from the perimeter, this new corner step-back shot (is it some new cheese) this is a trend we’ve noticed lately.

So I guess what I’m asking is anyone else experiencing similar issues in these games, or if there is some new way to defend or shoot I’m looking to find out what it is to even the playing field. We prefer not to cheese, but in a game like 2K vs some users you have to fight fire with fire ya know. BTW we’re both Lvl 3 All-Stars in OT if that means anything, any help, links, or vids would be appreciated.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2015, 10:59 AM   #2
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Something is Different…(MyPark 2v2)

I know you said you have a center on your team but in my experience hedgeing is not *** effective as switching. You usualy have a missmatch any way since back court players are far more common. Also in my experience with the patch contested layups go in alot less then before if the innitial defense is tight. But it sems late arriving help has little effect on fg%. As far as lag peek hour on week ends are still rough sat and sun for me. But thursday wasnt too bad. Dont fight fire with fire the blaze will rage out of controll try using water (litteraly and figuratively)
Old 03-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #3
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Geez, 132 views, and no one can offer up anything?

Old 03-16-2015, 09:36 PM   #4
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

I'm experiencing exactly the same. I feel like I have no control over the movement of my player in the Park especially on defense. Prior to the patch I could handle my opponent pretty well on defense and stopped them quite often but now it seems like I'm stuck in quicksand and I'm late or moving somewhere else completely.

My opponent didn't seem to have the same amount of lag as he was zigzagging like a pro and hitting everything scoring 12 points on me from downtown.

On offense it takes about a second until my player is reacting to my commands with the sticks and the meter starts late too which is confusing and distracting. At first I thought the reason must be the new Old Town Park but it's the same on the other courts as well. It just isn't fun anymore playing this game online right now after patch 4.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:30 PM   #5
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Did the newest patch hit xbl?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 12:27 PM   #6
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Can someone provide some feedback, has the patch dropped, and is anyone experiencing this?

Old 03-19-2015, 02:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Patch hasn't dropped for Xbox yet.
Seems like 2k only cares about PS4 players.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:09 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg2010
Patch hasn't dropped for Xbox yet.
Seems like 2k only cares about PS4 players.

that wouldnt be a 2K thing. its a microsoft thing. BUT i feel like they make the game for ps4 and port it over to xbox and possibly thats why it takes so much time for microsoft to OK things. Just a hunch though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »