Home

User timing vs True FG% Patch 4

This is a discussion on User timing vs True FG% Patch 4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2015, 06:18 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: User timing vs True FG% Patch 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
Luke..my son, all i'm saying if you put away that meter you wouldn't be complaining. it's a very addicting tool that you depend on. and you're right some people thinks its easy. but just remember myleague/mygm play's different then quick games.

If you want challenge try this and tell us results.
SS sim real fg% meter off. Good luck!!
Ok ... I read that in Yoda's voice. I'll give it a go.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

using pokes sliders on superstar difficulty im having awesome games with realistic %'s
Old 03-18-2015, 08:17 PM   #19
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
using pokes sliders on superstar difficulty im having awesome games with realistic %'s
His sliders are out of date right now if you're using user timing.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:42 PM   #20
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmankey1
Shady, do you agree with as/sim? I know your sliders are for ss/sim but have you played both and do you feel it's a big difference in difficulty, fluidity, realism....etc?
So I've been playing 2K basketball since 2K2 and I had another debate in another thread about shot stick timing vs Real Shooting % where I was asked which I thought was best suited for the replication of simulation basketball and I think I'm just going to go ahead and quote myself from that thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
...with user timing if you are wide open and you get a perfect release the shot goes in...period. To me that's pretty far from realistic so I use Real FG%...sometimes guys make shots they should miss and sometimes guys miss shots they should make. No matter how good you are in real life the ball going in the rim is still up to probability, and Real FG% is the only way to replicate that.

Now if we are talking about which is more fun then yea that is a different story. I can totally understand why someone wouldn't want to just hold square and pray, but at the same time I find myself less immersed when I spend an hour staring at a blue bar at the bottom of my player as well...each side has a case for which play style is more enjoyable, but I do not believe there is a debate when it comes to realism.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #21
Rookie

So after seeing this, I tried real fg % out in a MC game(SS/Sim). 17/22 from the field including 2-5 from the 3 point line(2-2 open, 0-2 contested, 0-1 half court). Normally I limit myself to 5 shots per quarter, and only try to take wide open shots/dunks. Not much of a change but it was nice not focusing on the shot meter
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »