Home

25-5 run by CPU (Memphis Grizzlies)

This is a discussion on 25-5 run by CPU (Memphis Grizzlies) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2015, 08:49 AM   #41
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 25-5 run by CPU (Memphis Grizzlies)

Does being home play a role on how your team performs? When I play the CPU, I mostly play the away team and MAN there are times when my players miss POINT BLANK LAYUPS. Animations where it looks like my players were fouled dont get called, and I noticed home team can go on some crazy runs...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2015, 09:46 AM   #42
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Running a 41 high PnR (Scott OGallagher 2K Tip) I played this matchup last night. Honestly still don't see the crazy momentum swings you guys do. Here's the full game if anyone is interested.

Nice no meter, lol..the lacking of defense is what's bothering me just imagine if you was not switching to defend, and the wide open shots and driving lanes your getting. defense really needs work. Doesn't myleague/mygm plays different.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:59 AM   #43
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I have also found adjusting offensive awareness down and ballhandling along with upping all the defensive sliders helps, I also turn down off consistency. I think the game has under the hood tuning to boost up offense, while dumbing the D which makes cranking up all the D sliders necessary.
Ratings are improved this yr from the past, which is probably because of Bed's being involved now. But I figured it would be better than it is, but Im sure he only can do so much, and not always what he would like.

If they made it so games leaned more towards defense like IRL the casual gamers would probably complain even more than they do, as I think only diehard basketball fans are ones that truely enjoy a defensive game.
Sounds great but i'm not a sliders guru..once i mess with sliders, 2k16 will be out for preorder.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #44
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
Sounds great but i'm not a sliders guru..once i mess with sliders, 2k16 will be out for preorder.
I think you'll enjoy the game more once you get comfortable with using sliders. There are some good options and a community of guys who work on sliders in the sliders sub thread. You don't have to be a guru. You can find a set you feel works for you, make one or two slight tweaks for your own customization, and really enjoy the game.

Right now all of that is unsettled because of the latest patch. But in general, once a new patch comes out, the slider guys need maybe a week or two to optimize.

Here's the benefit: 2k testers can not in any way put as many game hours and varied play styles into testing the game as users can. So the stuff they miss in terms of game balance gets sorted through by the community, and the result is sliders. Since everyone playing level and style is a little different, it's really worth the time to find the right slider set for you.

This year, for me, the right set has been the Let's Ball Baby slider set, on SS with customization according to the set. That set hasn't updated post patch, so it may not be good anymore going forward. But other slider set threads are very active post patch.

Anyway, just a heads up, something to think about. Some of the stuff you think is cheese, in my opinion, is just game balancing stuff that can be addressed with sliders. But sliders can get complicated, and there's no 2K handbook on what they all do and how to use them. So having all those guys who really study and test them is a good resource.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #45
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
Does being home play a role on how your team performs? When I play the CPU, I mostly play the away team and MAN there are times when my players miss POINT BLANK LAYUPS. Animations where it looks like my players were fouled dont get called, and I noticed home team can go on some crazy runs...
Gonna play a game and see. I normally play as the away team as well when I play my NBA Today matchups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277
Nice no meter, lol..the lacking of defense is what's bothering me just imagine if you was not switching to defend, and the wide open shots and driving lanes your getting. defense really needs work. Doesn't myleague/mygm plays different.
Not sure if MyLeague/MyGM plays differently. One thing I didn't show was my defensive settings I put on each player. That probably screwed up most of the rotations. I was fearing for the kick out so if they beat me to the basket I was gonna let them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #46
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
25-5 run by CPU (Memphis Grizzlies)

Quote:
Gonna play a game and see. I normally play as the away team as well when I play my NBA Today matchups.

Not sure if MyLeague/MyGM plays differently. One thing I didn't show was my defensive settings I put on each player. That probably screwed up most of the rotations. I was fearing for the kick out so if they beat me to the basket I was gonna let them.

Good post.

I've been practicing on HOF and my sense is that there's a difference between a matchup in a quick game menu and one in a myleague. In the MyLeague games, the CPU has felt more determined.

But it's only a feeling. Can't say it's fact.

On the road you can do fine but the game can get out of hand a lot easier on the road.

My approach has been different though as I played about a quarter of a season with the actual lineup that Vogel started in each of the Pacers real life game counterpart and I'm using auto subs that brings in whoever I've assigned to play that game and making do with that lineup.

Obviously the Pacers are a lot more outmatched with a roster without Paul George, David West, George Hill and CJ Watson than a Cavs team with Lebron, Kyrie and two tenacious rebounders.

In past years I've been able to learn to get great games on HOF sim playing on all auto defense but this year it's been a lot more challenging. I'm still giving up outrageous FG percentage.

I guess because the Pacers stink that I have a whole laundry list of things I could complain about but I suppose I'm making it ridiculously hard as well because I've also got the controller settings to zero defensive and boxout assist, manual contest and no in game feedback (all displays off).

When I started I was getting blown out by 30 and 40 and have gradually got the game within reach 10 points or so until the fourth but I struggle on defense and with rebounding.

So right now I'm certainly frustrated and am looking for ways to better gameplan against my opponent and improve mainly in the defensive end by using settings and POEs better which I've hardly ever used as well as to get better on offense.

Can't even beat your Sixers as of now jerz lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 03-26-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:50 PM   #47
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Running a 41 high PnR (Scott OGallagher 2K Tip) I played this matchup last night. Honestly still don't see the crazy momentum swings you guys do. Here's the full game if anyone is interested.

I didn't watch every minute, but I watched a lot. That was cool. That steal you got in the last minute was so key - did you do anything special to get that or set it up?

If you ever have a way to go back through the game, or do another video of a game, where you make comments along the way about what you're thinking, the adjustments you make, etc. that you do to stay in the game, even beyond stick skills, that would be great. You know, the Director's Cut!

That kind of thing, in my opinion, is what really helps players up their sim game, when that gameplay knowledge can be transferred and learned best.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:13 AM   #48
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

No disrespect to JerzeyReign but I watched that game and the Ai is atrocious.

When has anyone seen Z-Bo at the 3 point line pump faking so much? The Ai is a pain to watch all together for me and that's probably why I'm a strictly online player.

It's like they get the ball and mimic the last player who had the ball. They'll do several fake passes or do a bunch rapid close passes.

The Ai ball handler will continually do escape dribbles then a crossover. It's ugly and repetitive.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 03-27-2015 at 02:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »