Home

WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something else...

This is a discussion on WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something else... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2015, 07:14 PM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something else...

https://youtu.be/vcZSYjazsn0?t=13m32s

i got to see how momentum APPEARS*** to work from the other person POV. feel free to watch the whole game. me and him were having fun and it was a good game till 2k decided to "2k"

im stuck on that 4th quarter tho, LMFAO. those last few possessions had me losing my mind.

- i got called for a foul while my arms were STRAIGHT UP and he jumped into me.

- lance thomas (LOLKNICKS) blew a EASY dunk

- Kobe nails a CONTESTED RED 3 from deep in the staples.

- my rage quit LMAO

there other little things that drove me mad. (as you can tell from my friend reactions) but yea. enjoy my fails and trouble guys.

*** i could be wrong, but from how some of those sequences flowed it really felt like it was all momentum based taking some games where i had it happen to me ***

Last edited by Ownal0t; 03-26-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #2
Pro

Re: WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something els

2k come back AI at it's finest. I didn't even watch but what you described has happened to me countless times. If the game code has already made up it's mind the team is on a 'run or a come back' your player will do things he's never done regardless of rating.

Sometimes things happen that I've NEVER see before. Like literally I've only see happen to me during some come back or a run. It's really frustrating lol...I agree.

How would you suggest they fix it tho?
Old 03-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #3
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Re: WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something els

like i cant stand when it feels like the game is taking the controller out of my hand. this is why i enjoy live online so much more. a majority of times if you lose you know why you lost and you cant blame the game. but 2k has too much stupid **** happening.

and no this isnt a bash topic. im just being real.

the comeback AI or w/e you wana call it makes ruins good games. or makes what should be blowouts into close nail bitters. come on son

from the video. if you watch it and you see when i was posting up with bargs, in the 4th and he does that stupid *** shot animation and loses the ball? that was me PASSING in what WOULD BE A GOOD CLEAN PASS IN ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE
Old 03-26-2015, 08:22 PM   #4
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
So I've said this just about every year since 2K11 and will continue to say it... there is absolutely ZERO rubber banding code in our game and there never will be. It would take a ton of extra effort to implement something like that and no one on the gameplay team would stand for it.

If you're seeing wild momentum swings and blown leads either offline or online, Czar gave the best advice at the start of this thread... you need to adjust your game.
/Thread...
Old 03-26-2015, 08:25 PM   #5
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
/Thread...
its not really the end of the thread though.

anyone who has played 2k for awhile can tell you with confidence that what beluba said is not true.

but i guess if you think someone who works on the game will actually admit it, then i guess thats your issue lol.

ignorance can be bliss sometimes, i suppose.

ive been playing 2k since 2k8 i believe and every single year the game has this stuff in it, exactly like what the OP posted. the game has artificial runs that your opponents go on(offline AND online) to make the game more competitive. ive also been on the other end of the run, actually getting the benefits of it as well. no matter what side of it you are on, you know its happening and you know that you have had very little to do with it.

you basically have to be blind or completely naive to believe this is not in the game. its been in the game for many years.

Last edited by tetoleetd; 03-26-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2015, 08:41 PM   #6
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

remember when JD2020 (the old treyarch community manager) said that the lag in black ops 1 was in our heads and was completely serious about it too? why are we taking what the people who work for the company say for the truth.

as the last post says. i played games where i been on the good AND bad side of the comeback BS. you cant tell people who logged MONTHS of time into 2k that it doesnt exist. i had a game before on my team where i was doing so bad and then when the 4th started, melo and george hill couldnt miss from deep and i would have won that game if i didnt get a tech for too many tos (LMFAO) but i had more points in the 4th quarter than i had in the first half. while my opponent couldnt do ANYTHING. and was missing FTS.

like its 1 thing to defend a game, no problem. but to do so like this when the problem is really evident is really LOL. i mean even if this video isnt what im and others are talking about, i bet you can find MANY videos about this spanning the last few years.

@mods im not flaming.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:09 PM   #7
Banned

i've seen much more compelling cases. there were a ton of bad shots hoisted up b/w the two of you. a 2K dev is gonna see that and swear it doesnt exist because of the quality of shots/play and passes.

But i know better. I've seen people up 15-20 and all of a sudden the things that got them the lead start to fail them. I pride myself on patient offense, careful passes, low amount of long jumpers, etc. Even when i play somebody that's completely reckless, 2K always manages to keep the game close. i could be shooting 72% and they shoot 40% and it's still close....some ****ing how. This footage aint the most compelling but we know this ****'s real.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:16 PM   #8
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

yea i know, we both were just having fun. but some traces of the BS is still evident even in that lol. thats why i added the disclaimer. but at least you pointed out that this isnt a myth.

you did touch on a fact tho. how 2k rewards stupidness. when i play for real. i actually try to run a offense and be careful. but this game seems to encourage run and gun more than anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »