Home

WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something else...

This is a discussion on WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something else... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2015, 12:28 AM   #17
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something els

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Beluba isn't the guy that goes and gets the coffee at 2k, he's THE gameplay director. I'm sorry, his knowledge of the inner workings of the game trumps anyone's on this forum (including me) who's qualifications are that they've "played the game a really long time". This idea that he's blatantly lying about it is ridiculous...he could announce on Twitter right now that "yes, the 2k series has a comeback code" and it would have 0 impact on anything. IGN and Kokatu aren't dropping a story about it, NBA 2k16 won't take a dive in sales. Come on man.

What is clear though, at least from a A.I perspective, is that Mike said plainly that A.I ratings are artificially boosted based on the difficulty....I think this is what accounts for a lot of the BS some see, and hopefully we can get away form that sooner rather than later...
if you created a game and had people complaining about something that cannot technically be proven, but you knew it was true, would you admit it? what would one gain from admitting it on a game forum?

someone in beluba's position will just say it doesnt exist and move on. he's not going to say oh yeah it exists and this is why blah blah. he has no motive to do that when he can just sweep it under the rug.

but i guess if you want to believe people in positions of power dont lie, then thats okay. the government never lies to people either right
Old 03-27-2015, 12:46 AM   #18
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: WANTED to test out the online servers with my boy. instead we got something els

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What is clear though, at least from a A.I perspective, is that Mike said plainly that A.I ratings are artificially boosted based on the difficulty ...I think this is what accounts for a lot of the BS some see, and hopefully we can get away form that sooner rather than later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
if you created a game and had people complaining about something that cannot technically be proven, but you knew it was true, would you admit it? what would one gain from admitting it on a game forum?

someone in beluba's position will just say it doesnt exist and move on. he's not going to say oh yeah it exists and this is why blah blah. he has no motive to do that when he can just sweep it under the rug.
But... he didn't sweep it under the rug. He addressed it, gave reasoning for it (more than a couple of hundred times) but people with your mindset just keep saying "Nope, you don't know what you're talking about. Can we really trust gameplay developers with knowledge of their own game? Comeback code exists."
Old 03-27-2015, 01:58 AM   #19
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
Speaking from experience: I would tell the truth to the community.

It is much easier keeping track of truth and it gives the added benefit of never biting you on the backside.

A developer that engages on a forum gains a lot by interacting in a positive manner with the community. They would gain true feedback instead of gaining feedback based on a lie.

Constructive criticism is always welcomed and it should be encouraged. Destructive criticism only justifies developers staying away or ignoring what you have to say. Attacking the veracity of a person is destructive.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:27 AM   #20
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Am I missing something lol?

Both players ran no sets, icon passed, or stayed in front of their man. I don't know which team the OP was or who was talking in that video, but I seen no comeback AI in this game lol. The game was close until the end of the 4th quarter.

This is not due to comeback AI......
A)Throwing a pass away because you did not use Icon
B)Missing a dunk/layup with a low rated player in traffic
C)Running no sets to get you easy looks or anything.
D)No usage of POE's or defensive adjustments at all

Those are all bad decisions on both sides. Sorry if I missed something? But both players play how 90 pct of the community does online, no offense lol. I don't even think I saw 1 screen. It was just dribble around the perimeter and force a shot or trying to drive and dish to big men.

I know its only 15 min and you and your friend are just "having fun", but I am just stating what I saw in the video. Yeah I seen 1 bad shot go in, but I see a few of those a game IRL too. Not saying you don't know what your doing, but if you want to make a point this is not the video to use.

This is an example of how I play my games, as well as prep and make adjustments.

Not saying I am some 2k legend, but most of my games play out like this (BTW I use SS Sim sliders with my shooting sliders down and some other minor adjustments). I was down by 5 early on and ended up winning pretty easily. And the online games I have played I've won really easily even though the input lag is awful. I run like 2 plays and most people cannot defend them and resort to zone.

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 03-27-2015 at 04:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:40 AM   #21
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Has 2K acknowledged all the problems with this game? No, so why would they start if it would cause a possible uproar and possible loss of sales.

If a dev came out and said that there is a such code, then there would be no reason for me to continue to play anymore. I'm sure others would feel the same.

Why is the game deciding for me what I should be doing to win, that means I have no control.

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 03-27-2015 at 07:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2015, 07:06 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Had an experience where I was playing the computer. Fourth quarter of a close game...something happened that was outrageous. So, I decided to attempt to send the game into overtime by switching sides and calling timeouts until my team got to shoot the technical free throws.
Which totally backfired, cause my teams best free throw shooter (being controlled by the computer) went on to miss 10 straight free throws.
I know I wasn't playing sim basketball, but what happened then was worst. I'm not sure what's it means but it feels like there's something wired to determine certain outcomes.

I can be wrong.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:08 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Has 2K acknowledged all the problems with this game? No, so why would they start if it would cause a possible uproar and possible loss of sales.

If a dev came out and said that there is a such code, then there would be no reason for me to continue to play anymore. I'm sure others would feel the same.

Why is the game deciding for me what I should be doing to win, that means I have no control.
pretty much how i feel. dudes had to hack into fifa 13 to see that the coding existed even when fifa developers said it didnt. it means that, especially for guys that play myteam, no matter what squad you put together, guys will always be in the game. The means we have no need of pursuing all of the top rated players because in an online match, their ratings only matter to a degree. If i know this, im not going to put any time into the game anymore. So what's the gain to actually admitting it?

Again, i dont care what anybody here says, there are incredibly large number of people that experience this. You guys believing it's not in the game, in such a way, is completely discounting tons of people's experiences with this very thing. I understand a few complaints.....but this is a LARGE view within the entire community. I've streamed numerous amounts of games(and tons of youtubers do so on a daily basis) and we(viewers/players) can literally pin point when the b.s. is coming. anybody that plays this game online a lot -- again, especially my team -- KNOWS when it's coming. if this didnt exist, we wouldnt even be able to predict runs. nor would games even themselves out like they do. but they do. and we can predict when its coming. THAT is manufactured.

Last edited by jenesaispas; 03-27-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:05 PM   #24
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Am I missing something lol?

Both players ran no sets, icon passed, or stayed in front of their man. I don't know which team the OP was or who was talking in that video, but I seen no comeback AI in this game lol. The game was close until the end of the 4th quarter.

This is not due to comeback AI......
A)Throwing a pass away because you did not use Icon
B)Missing a dunk/layup with a low rated player in traffic
C)Running no sets to get you easy looks or anything.
D)No usage of POE's or defensive adjustments at all

Those are all bad decisions on both sides. Sorry if I missed something? But both players play how 90 pct of the community does online, no offense lol. I don't even think I saw 1 screen. It was just dribble around the perimeter and force a shot or trying to drive and dish to big men.

I know its only 15 min and you and your friend are just "having fun", but I am just stating what I saw in the video. Yeah I seen 1 bad shot go in, but I see a few of those a game IRL too. Not saying you don't know what your doing, but if you want to make a point this is not the video to use.

This is an example of how I play my games, as well as prep and make adjustments.

Not saying I am some 2k legend, but most of my games play out like this (BTW I use SS Sim sliders with my shooting sliders down and some other minor adjustments). I was down by 5 early on and ended up winning pretty easily. And the online games I have played I've won really easily even though the input lag is awful. I run like 2 plays and most people cannot defend them and resort to zone.
Being honest. I was mainly blaming the crazy momentum swings this game has. And most of what happened falls under that. I out brought up comeback cheese cause that's was what others brought up.

This is from my friend pov. Not mine. I normally have my poes on manual I did say this video might not be the best claim but some of the bs is still evident.
I icon pass so I don't mess up a play in have designed but even then in stuff like this 2k manages to mess it up.

The other conflict that started in the topic is who to believe and who not to believe , the dev vs player. If many people has spoken about their bs in relation to this do you not maybe think that this really is a problem that the devs are ignoring. Read my jd2020 comparison in post 4? .

Or better yet if a car kept getting it's brake line snapped randomly and this has happened 45 times in a month. And the car maker says it's impossible for this to happen cause we double checked and confirmed that ours don't snap " who is the one pushing bs? The consumer or car maker

Last edited by Ownal0t; 03-27-2015 at 12:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »