Home

Quick Questions

This is a discussion on Quick Questions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2015, 12:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quick Questions

I'm relatively new to 2K -- bought it before the season, but haven't had much time to play. I was wondering if you could clear a couple things up for me:

1) When playing an online quick match mode, is the only option to use the up-to-the-minute NBA rosters? Seems weird that I can't use DeMarcus Cousins if I want to play with the Kings tonight, since he didn't play last game, or that I can't put Jabari Parker back in the lineup for the Bucks. Am I missing an option here?

2) What is the most common way people play against each other online? Quick games? Online leagues? My Player? Something else?

3) Is there an online tournament mode? I haven't been able to find it.

4) I'm a big MUT fan, and have been trying to get used to "My Team." In MUT, you can actually play seasons with your fantasy squad. I haven't seen that option in My Team. How do people compete against each other in "My Team," then?

Sorry for the very basic questions. I don't find 2K's interface particularly user-friendly, so this will be a big help.
Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Quick Questions

Could anyone help me out? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 04-12-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Anyone? Hello?
Old 04-12-2015, 10:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshlaw33
I'm relatively new to 2K -- bought it before the season, but haven't had much time to play. I was wondering if you could clear a couple things up for me:

1) When playing an online quick match mode, is the only option to use the up-to-the-minute NBA rosters? Seems weird that I can't use DeMarcus Cousins if I want to play with the Kings tonight, since he didn't play last game, or that I can't put Jabari Parker back in the lineup for the Bucks. Am I missing an option here?

2) What is the most common way people play against each other online? Quick games? Online leagues? My Player? Something else?

4) I'm a big MUT fan, and have been trying to get used to "My Team." In MUT, you can actually play seasons with your fantasy squad. I haven't seen that option in My Team. How do people compete against each other in "My Team," then?

Sorry for the very basic questions. I don't find 2K's interface particularly user-friendly, so this will be a big help.
Cheers.
1) I dont play online ranked but I think you can only use the official 2k roster with injuries. in online leagues you can use other roster.

2) Still think quick match is the most used. Online leagues are kinda broken, guess way more people would play them otherwise.
MyPark and Jordan Rec Center with your MyPlayer - always packed in there.

3) not that I know.

4) dont play it but there is a mode called "road to the playoffs" that should be similar to seasons. you have to win a certain amount of online games aganst other user to get to the next seed or stay at your current.
I think some of the challenges are also online against real user.

sorry, not exactly my game modes, but hope I could at least offer some help
Old 04-13-2015, 12:50 PM   #5
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshlaw33

Cheers.
1. Can only use the 2k roster when playing online
2. quick matches online and playing in the park/rec center through mycareer
3. There is online leagues and can probably through a 3rd party register to play in a 2k tourney.
4. Road to the playoffs in myteam
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 05:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremdog8
1. Can only use the 2k roster when playing online
2. quick matches online and playing in the park/rec center through mycareer
3. There is online leagues and can probably through a 3rd party register to play in a 2k tourney.
4. Road to the playoffs in myteam
Thanks! Still seems so strange that you can't use a certain player on a given day, purely because he missed a game in real life.
Any advice on how to join an online league?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »