Home

Clutch shots rigged.(proof)

This is a discussion on Clutch shots rigged.(proof) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2015, 07:24 PM   #9
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Clutch shots rigged.(proof)

You guys all missed my point. Yes maybe yours have gone in due to the fact that for whatever reason the game wanted you to make it. Wether it be a momentum a shift or luck. But what I'm trying to SHOW is the fact that the commentators called those BAD SHOTS. When they were infact good shots. Im not complaining that they did not go in but that the system forced it to be a bad shot for whatever reason
Old 04-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #10
Rookie

The durant one was good. The others werent great shots, easily could be misses anytime for anyone
Old 04-12-2015, 07:38 PM   #11
Rookie

And with how this game is, if u know your shots their green
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2015, 07:39 PM   #12
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Yeah they were good shots, so why did the commentators insist the shots were deplorable, horrible shots? I was leading all those games until the 4th quarter when all my shots are suddenly bad. Tried calling timeouts, used different players gained momentum but no, the game favors the losing team on the 4th
Old 04-12-2015, 07:46 PM   #13
Rookie

**** happens man, 2k definitely isnt against you. They gain nothing from that
Old 04-12-2015, 11:17 PM   #14
Rookie

Might have stumbled on to something similar as how back in the day NFL 2k5 commentators would give up the results of the challenges before the ref even says it. Like a glitch that opens the door to show the behind the scenes computer work. I mean it is just a game. In the end every shot it chooses what goes in or not. Not button presses. The commentators helped you peek behind the curtain so to speak
Old 04-13-2015, 12:10 AM   #15
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
So today for the third time i've encountered proof that the game rigs your shots so they don't fall, whether it be a dunk, wide open shot or obvious foul that was not called.

On these 3 clips i am providing, (all clutch shots, wide open, OFF A PASS) that result in a miss, you can hear the commentators subsequently mention how horrible of a shot it was. It seems as if the game discreetly forced a good shot to seem as if it were a bad shot so you can get the miss.

Clip 1: PD Durant off a pass - https://vine.co/v/OLhUgZ6MbZB (You're not doing your team any good FORCING a shot like that one)

Clip 2: Sapphire Paul George from screen, off pass set by 12 quick bulls playbook https://vine.co/v/euK3ZK5ZPLu (That's a bad shot)

Clip 3: Onyx Drose off pass https://vine.co/v/eu5g9bA37uU (You're not doing your team any good FORCING a shot like that one)

You can hit those shots perfectly fine all game, and commentators blame the lack of defense for the made shot, but if the game just does not want you to hit the shot for whatever reason, any shot is suddenly a bad shot.
By my standards shots in Clip 1 and 3 are "poorly executed open shots". Both of those shots were shot too early; they aren't even on the line. Clip 2 is a missed open shot yes; IRL NBA players make 48% of open mid range jumpers so I don't know what to tell you. Also you aren't playing 12 min quarters, so every miss is gonna feel magnified since the game is cut in half.

Sam Pham
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2015, 12:25 AM   #16
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
By my standards shots in Clip 1 and 3 are "poorly executed open shots". Both of those shots were shot too early; they aren't even on the line. Clip 2 is a missed open shot yes; IRL NBA players make 48% of open mid range jumpers so I don't know what to tell you. Also you aren't playing 12 min quarters, so every miss is gonna feel magnified since the game is cut in half.

Sam Pham
Early release misses would have resulted with the commentator saying " "he was a little off with his release", or "he'll usually knock that down" not " "That is a horrible shot, why would he take that?" And catch and shoot are the best shot selections in the game, especially being that open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »