Home

Do You Feel 2K Is Pushing My Career Too Hard And Neglecting Other Needs?

This is a discussion on Do You Feel 2K Is Pushing My Career Too Hard And Neglecting Other Needs? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2015, 05:13 PM   #9
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do You Feel 2K Is Pushing My Career Too Hard And Neglecting Other Needs?

Honestly, I used to love the sim approach to My Career...when it was called My Player...

In 2K10, you take some bum that's like a 40 overall and truly build him however you want. You can get drafted wherever and even go to the d-league if you're not good enough. You had the summer leagues..the drills...even the draft combine dlc.
I think it would be cool if they added like cut scenes and interviews to the old style of My Career where you're in more control. If I play well before the draft I can go in the lottery, if not I can go in the 2nd round or even undrafted.

Everything now feels scripted, because it basically is. You start out at like a 70, and the game forces you to be a star day 1.

And if they took away VC, imagine how much more fun it would be to play online...you would actually feel accomplished becoming even an 80 overall.

I think they're spending too much time making My Career a story mode, instead of a sim/rpg mode it used to be.

Instead of spending time on that, fix the laggy online in Park and bring back Crew.

-Allen Iverson
Old 04-24-2015, 06:16 PM   #10
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I used to play nothing but MyPlayer/MyCareer. Then they went down this scripted movie cut-scene road in 2k14 next gen and lost me. I now basically play nothing but the new Franchise mode.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still having fun playing the game. But this shift to a scripted mode isn't something I want to get behind.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:34 PM   #11
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

I would imagine that 2K is pushing whatever game mode or modes that draw the most demand and micro purchases. If one of those modes is MyCareer (and it is), then I wouldn't hold my breath if I didn't play MyCareer (or MyTeam). Simple as that.

I buy 2K every year to play online, that's literally the only reason. So whatever they can do for online is all I care about, and certainly not some cut scene.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 07:46 PM   #12
Pro

I just want all those myteam legends available for a regular roster for roster editers...
Old 04-24-2015, 08:50 PM   #13
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

I only ever play MyCareer and love the new scripting direction, because it more reflects what I want from my career modes. I want cut scenes, rivals and everything else, I want to feel like I'm going on a journey as a rookie to NBA Star.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:28 PM   #14
MVP

zello144's Arena

I really hate how MyCareer has been lately I miss the sim focus it had in past games the Draft combine, D-league if you were bad, even getting cut from a couple of teams in 2k10 and working hard to get and stay on an NBA roster.
Now with this new direction we all have to follow 2k's cheesy story. I don't want to follow their story I want to make my own.

Not only that but they have been exclusively focusing on MyCareer and ignore their other modes like MyGM and MyLeague.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:16 AM   #15
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
I only ever play MyCareer and love the new scripting direction, because it more reflects what I want from my career modes. I want cut scenes, rivals and everything else, I want to feel like I'm going on a journey as a rookie to NBA Star.
A story mode is nothing but an interactive movie. One that you might as well just watch.

There is no journey because it is all scripted and forced. In 2K10 and 11 you were able to write your own journey based on everything you did in the game.

With 2k14 and 2k15, you had scripted injuries, rivalries that were forced on you even if it didn't make sense and you acted like a schizophrenic AI+KD mishmash one moment acting humble and down-to-earth while the next minute you were acting like a wannabe from Queens who talked like a g version of Reggie Miller.

tldr; 2k10 and 11 were closer to the real experience of going from rookie to star. 2K14 and 15 are more like a Hollywood scripted pre-teen fantasy flick.

Last edited by Taer; 04-25-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2015, 05:30 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

One thing that annoys me in my career is the annoying voice acting and that's coming from someone who rarely plays that mode. Please bring in someone else to do voices.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »