Home

How Do You Run a Small Ball Offense? By Sam Pham

This is a discussion on How Do You Run a Small Ball Offense? By Sam Pham within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
How Do You Run a Small Ball Offense? By Sam Pham

From what i have learned, the best way to run a Small Ball offense on 2k15 is to have your Small Ball PF be able to "Set Screens" and "Handle" the ball in Pick and Rolls. This set up is extremely fun and deadly, players like Paul Pierce, LeBron, KD, and even James Johnson can kill it with this set up along with the customize plays i show below ^_^

As always feel free to discuss your own small ball tactics also ^_^

Sam Pham
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: How Do You Run a Small Ball Offense? By Sam Pham

Nice.

Some tips on small-ball defence would be good.

I always ran small-ball in 2k14, isolating an driving for easy buckets with my PF, and could get away with it defensively especially if my centre could block and rebound. But on D is the small-ball game falls apart for me in 2k15. On the boards partly, but mostly just unable to defend post ups with the smaller man (even an elite defender like LeBron).

I will admit though that it could be that my post defence just isn't good enough.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:40 AM   #3
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Playing small ball in 2K15 for a whole game is only feasible if you have a great defensive Center (think Gasol, Bogut, and Duncan). If you don't have such a Center, your best bet is to create a small ball bench unit designed to be an offensive machine with blah defense. A small ball bench unit designed to score has saved my butt countless of times in 2K15 this year; they can either protect a lead, keep a game close, or sometimes win a game outright for me while I rest my starters.

Small Ball needs to be adopted by everyone if they wanna play NBA 2K15 well, the only question is when do you play such a unit ^_^

Sam Pham
Old 05-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #4
QNo
MVP

I always get killed on the glass when I run a small lineup, even in MyTeam when Shaq is my 5 and Bird/Pink Melo with high rebounding stats are my 4. Only solution I found is to go big, if you have another one I'd appreciate it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »