Home

NBA 2k Rim Animations/Sounds

This is a discussion on NBA 2k Rim Animations/Sounds within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2015, 01:34 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2k Rim Animations/Sounds

Yeah, the rim physics thread on page 1 of the NBA 2K forum began touching on the sound effects as well. I have no idea where they captured their dunk sounds but they're awful. There's a lot of elements that could lead to poor capture though, particularly depending upon what kind of gym and rim were used. I've wondered if at some point they incorrectly concluded capturing sound effects from any rim would be just as good as capturing them from an NBA rim. Huge differences there. Whenever a change comes, if done correctly, I trust it should really contribute positively to the feeling of finishing a dunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Sorry but this post is full of ****. If 2K didn't care for details 2K15 woudn't be close to the fantastic game it is.
The "why start now" and "that's the 2K motto" were a bit much, but much of the rest of the post hit close to home. It didn't hit me as a world different from things like:

Quote:
-King James Soundtrack - Featuring artists and tracks hand-picked by LeBron James, including JAY Z, Eminem, The Black Keys, Daft Punk, and many more.
-Bonus content for Path to Greatness Mode
-10,000 Virtual Currency

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-15-2015 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:04 PM   #10
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Sorry I just disagree. They've already been tweaking and improving rim/net sounds. It's not there yet and I hope they improve them but it's already pretty decent/good.

As for the stuff they give for pre orders, or their marketing lines to attract casuals I don't see how it was relevent to the discussion in the first place and comes off as just hate to me. I think 2K went all out this year with 2K15 and provided an absolutely fantastic sim basketball game, that's why I think his post and the tone was uncalled for.

Now to each their own, if you want to call 2K out and pretend they don't try to improve the game or they're lazy more power to you all. We could be stuck with half assed basketball games instead.

Last edited by Vni; 05-15-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Sorry I just disagree. They've already been tweaking and improving rim/net sounds. It's not there yet and I hope they improve them but it's already pretty decent/good.

As for the stuff they give for pre orders, or their marketing lines to attract casuals I don't see how it was relevent to the discussion in the first place and comes off as just hate to me. I think 2K went all out this year with 2K15 and provided an absolutely fantastic sim basketball game, that's why I think his post and the tone was uncalled for.

Now to each their own, if you want to call 2K out and pretend they don't try to improve the game or they're lazy more power to you all. We could be stuck with half assed basketball games instead.
Yikes, that last paragraph is kind of taking a little bit of a leap, no?

To re-state, I did not care for 24ct's comments on change and 2K's supposed motto. However, his conveyance of 2K's struggle with audio and their marketing team's willingness to sometimes trumpet the re-packaged or mundane as something incredible is something that's popped up here or there over the years (alongside the pre-orders that have now almost entirely veered toward Virtual Currency products). That's what marketing teams do, but I don't know how acknowledging that suggests a belief that 2K's lazy.

2K's audio hasn't been top notch to me in many regards over the years. But again, I don't know if that means anyone's lazy. It may just mean an audio team has tried and struggled to fully capture the essence of NBA basketball. I even suggested some possible reasons for shortfalls in the previous post (recording using an incorrect rim in an empty gym with significantly different acoustics).

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-15-2015 at 03:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 03:27 PM   #12
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Yikes, that last paragraph is kind of taking a little bit of a leap, no?
Maybe but that's basically how I percieved his general post.

If you personnally just meant that you think the audio still needs work then yeah we agree.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:54 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
He was trying too hard to be funny and it was, well....not.
Lol at trying to be funny. There's no try hard in that post. That was pure comedy my guy...
I'm still laughing...

Oh and btw you get a 99 jumpshot boost if you get the Curry cover...
Also 50 new dance animations for your park character...

Last edited by 24ct; 05-15-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Maybe but that's basically how I percieved his general post.

If you personnally just meant that you think the audio still needs work then yeah we agree.
Let it go bro . com

That was my FIRST comment but you highlight the other stuff. IDK why that makes you so upset but hey. That's life right?

Last edited by 24ct; 05-15-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:52 PM   #15
Pro

dom5552's Arena

OVR: 3

Wel to be honest I'm not trying to start any arguments haha just checkin if anyone else noticed. I feel like over the summer, 2k could bring Harrison Barnes in and go to Oracle Arena since they're close to there and get some dunks and real NBA sounds in. It sounds plausible. I wish there was a way I could Tag LD2K on this thread cuz it's honestly number 2 on my wish list for 2k16 as sad as that sounds haha

PSN: TheDom45
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 09:56 AM   #16
Pro

Vroman's Arena

2k could just try to buy the rights to use this nba 2k14 (pc) sound effect mod :
http://www.hoopsvilla.com/2014/06/nb...cts-patch.html

Swishing , ball bouncing to the floor ,rim interaction sounds are simply nailed there and MUCH better than 2k15 ones.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »