Home

This has GOT to be gone in 2K16...

This is a discussion on This has GOT to be gone in 2K16... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
This has GOT to be gone in 2K16...

I'm sorry if you felt this doesn't deserve its own thread, but this has to be said....the "blocked" alley-oops? This has got to go...2K has to find a better way to balance them because this is the most ridiculous play I have "never" seen. Please, ANYBODY can you show me a video of this E.V.E.R. in NBA history happening? Someone swatting an alley oop at the apex of the lob? I mean this dude (who happens to have a 67 vertical btw) has to be about 13 feet in the air right now...

And last but not least, the pump fake fouls...I had started a thread months ago (can't find it now) where I argued that the pump fake fouls should automatically trigger a shot attempt motion like this:

or at the VERY LEAST give us the opportunity to press the shoot button to draw the foul without COMPLETELY taking away our control...but that got shot down (for whatever reason) so I'll pose the same question, when have you EVER seen someone just crash into a guy and them not either get around them or at least attempt a shot!? Not only would this help get shooters to the line (because 2K doesn't call fouls on jumpshots) but this would also help to balance out the FT numbers. Also, when it happens under the basket man...come on, I have never seen a non-shooting foul under the basket on an offensive rebound lol.

This does not happen in basketball lol by shadymikegaming

Anyways, these are two things that honestly can't be fixed by sliders, and I would love to see it fixed in 2K16...

Last edited by Shady Mike; 05-22-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 06:25 PM   #2
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: This has GOT to be gone in 2K16...

They need to bring back the 2K11 way as far as shooting into the defender when he bites.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:33 PM   #3
MVP

Absolutely agree, I HATE that alley oop swat animation; it lets defenders who quite honestly are usually out of position pogo stick into the way into of what probably should be a nice alley oop.

You have a point with the pump fake fouls as well, it's still a shooting foul with the shooter in a motion so there should be at least an attempt at continuation.

And the only non shooting foul i've ever really seen under the hoop is a technical, usually because a boxout battle ended in a fist fight lol.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #4
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Nothing more aggravating than inbounding the ball from the sideline after getting someone to fall on you with a pumpfake under the rim.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree with the oops completely. And one time I lost my dribble, pump faked the defender in the air but as soon as I was about to try to shoot it the defender fell on me and I got called for a travel Both of those seriously needs tweaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2015, 06:39 PM   #6
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Bring it back how 2K11 was. Was great and you actually could get in the players way and easily knock them off course. Alleys was nowhere near as frequent as it's been in the last few 2Ks as it was in 2K11

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 05-21-2015, 06:46 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Off topic but bring back online lobbies for HOF, Superstar and Pro like how they did in 2k8.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:49 PM   #8
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Yes I agree with shady,I never seen anything like that lol...it's things like that made me retire from playing 2k15. when you think you fix the game, something else pops up. when you look at the video the cpu seems to know what you were trying to do and break up the play before it happen. I've seen too much weird stuff happening back to back games or all the time.

2k killed their own game with patch#4....so I snap it in half looking forward to 2k16.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »