Home

So... 2k breaks this game with patch 4 and now says "buy 16!"?

This is a discussion on So... 2k breaks this game with patch 4 and now says "buy 16!"? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So... 2k breaks this game with patch 4 and now says "buy 16!"?

Game is not broken at all. It's as close to actual basketball that you'll get in a video game. No game breaking glitch or features whatsoever.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:45 PM   #10
Banned

thedream2k16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiserbk
Game is not broken at all. It's as close to actual basketball that you'll get in a video game. No game breaking glitch or features whatsoever.
We talking about gameplay aka easy shooting no matter the difficult level, post fadeaway shots made easy my bad shooters, mid range shots going in on good defense, contact layups and floaters going in with these Etc etc
Old 05-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #11
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Lol was 2K supposed to not advertise 2K16?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 02:31 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k16
We talking about gameplay aka easy shooting no matter the difficult level, post fadeaway shots made easy my bad shooters, mid range shots going in on good defense, contact layups and floaters going in with these Etc etc
The shooting timing gets harder incrementally with every difficulty. All that stuff can be contested and the odds of it going in decrease dramatically though. If "my bad" shooters you mean "my park" shooters it's a result of everyone being rated 90, not the game mechanics. Still if you contest the odds will go down.

Last edited by wiserbk; 05-30-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:13 PM   #13
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiserbk
We must be watching a different kind of basketball then cause this game nowhere resembles it's real life counter part. Have you ever seen a rebound in the NBA always go a foot off the rim every time someone misses and land to the player boxing out the other play with ease?
Old 05-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #14
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Given where they are in the development cycle (man I hate 1 year cycles), promoting the next game while no longer touching the previous is to be expected.

That being said, I'm a little surprised and a bit disappointed that they didn't "fix" a mechanic they changed and pretty much acknowledged was detrimental. The global shooting adjustments reeks of temporary fix, not a permanent fix to last until the next game.

If anything, this makes me more hesitant to buy 2k16 and future games because something similar could very well happen and go unaddressed.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #15
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Now how many of you will take a stand and not buy the game next year? Put your $ where your mouth is......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 05:10 PM   #16
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremdog8
We must be watching a different kind of basketball then cause this game nowhere resembles it's real life counter part. Have you ever seen a rebound in the NBA always go a foot off the rim every time someone misses and land to the player boxing out the other play with ease?
In his defense , he said no other game closely resembles the nba like 2k does, and he's damn right about that statement.

No other game is on the same level as 2k is when it comes to replicating the sport
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »